Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

This thread has been viewed 11 times
  • 1.  HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

Posted Apr 13, 2016 06:19 PM

How do I block Youtube from a SSID trought rules Acces?

block-youtube.png

• 2.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2016 06:22 PM
    Application > YouTube Deny

• 3.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

Posted Apr 13, 2016 10:37 PM
      |   view attached

as explained by tim. PFA screen shot

• 4.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

Posted Apr 14, 2016 04:07 PM

so when I put only that rule, all traffic is normal...user can acces to youtube..take a look the rule:

Screenshot from 2016-04-14 16:05:40.png

• 5.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?
    Best Answer

Posted Apr 15, 2016 02:15 PM

you could be running into the problem that has been described for BBC in the AppRF chapter of instant VRD:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Aruba-Instant-Validated-Reference-Design/ta-p/258782

So try the blocking all streaming media using web category, "streaming":

Capture.PNG

dont forget to add a allow any to all destination below this rule. Use the arrows to move the rules around.

• 6.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

Posted Apr 18, 2016 12:29 PM

Now Works Thanks! 

• 7.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 02:07 PM

You can also block YouTube by using the Filter-Id RADIUS attribute returned by an external RADIUS server.

Using the 802.1x username supplied by the client device when it connects to the WLAN and an SSID configured for WPA2 enterprise authentication with the external RADIUS to authorise the user credentials.  Within the RADIUS exchange, the attribute Filter-ID is returned with a value that triggers the specific access rule defined on the IAP Virtual Controller.

role_block.youtube.JPG

ac_rule_block.youtube.JPGI tested this successfully with IAP version 6.5.2.1 (build 59704) and Windows NPS.  Here is the RADIUS exchange between IAP and NPS.  The usename is Louis

RADIUS req_louis.JPG

And the RADIUS response will include the Filter-Id attribute that returns the "role" applied to user called Louis.RADIUS rsp_youtube_block.JPGHopefully useful however feel free to contact me if you need more info.  ilove@hpe.com

• 8.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 14, 2017 02:17 PM

It's recommended to use the Aruba-User-Role VSA instead of filter-id so you don't have to build derivation rules on the IAP.

• 9.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

Posted Oct 31, 2018 06:37 AM

i applied all possible rules and still youtube app is not blocked

Capture.PNG

• 10.  RE: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

Posted Sep 02, 2020 05:14 PM

What worked for any access to youtube on app or browser, etc was doing the following 3 entries:

in the UI of instant.arubanetworks.com:4343 -

1. select NETWORK: ANY, DENY, DOMAIN: googlevideo.com

2. select NETWORK: ANY, DENY, DOMAIN: youtubei.googleapis.com

3. select NETWORK: ANY, DENY, DOMAIN: youtube.com

worked like a charm!

p.s.

i removed any of the entries that block streaming or youtube in the web category, app category or app sections.  all i wanted was to have youtube blocked on the network. PERIOD