Controllerless Networks

Contributor II

HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

How do I block Youtube from a SSID trought rules Acces?

block-youtube.png

Guru Elite

Re: HOW DO I BLOCK YOUTUBE?

Application > YouTube Deny

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Aruba Employee

as explained by tim. PFA screen shot

Contributor II

so when I put only that rule, all traffic is normal...user can acces to youtube..take a look the rule:

Screenshot from 2016-04-14 16:05:40.png

Aruba Employee

you could be running into the problem that has been described for BBC in the AppRF chapter of instant VRD:

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Validated-Reference-Design/Aruba-Instant-Validated-Reference-Design/ta-p/258782

So try the blocking all streaming media using web category, "streaming":

Capture.PNG

dont forget to add a allow any to all destination below this rule. Use the arrows to move the rules around.

Contributor II

Now Works Thanks! 

Aruba Employee

You can also block YouTube by using the Filter-Id RADIUS attribute returned by an external RADIUS server.

Using the 802.1x username supplied by the client device when it connects to the WLAN and an SSID configured for WPA2 enterprise authentication with the external RADIUS to authorise the user credentials.  Within the RADIUS exchange, the attribute Filter-ID is returned with a value that triggers the specific access rule defined on the IAP Virtual Controller.

role_block.youtube.JPG

access rule needed to block youtubeI tested this successfully with IAP version 6.5.2.1 (build 59704) and Windows NPS.  Here is the RADIUS exchange between IAP and NPS.  The usename is Louis

RADIUS req_louis.JPG

And the RADIUS response will include the Filter-Id attribute that returns the "role" applied to user called Louis.RADIUS rsp_youtube_block.JPGHopefully useful however feel free to contact me if you need more info.  ilove@hpe.com

Guru Elite

It's recommended to use the Aruba-User-Role VSA instead of filter-id so you don't have to build derivation rules on the IAP.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: