Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Help Configure Pass Through on Hospitality AP's

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Help Configure Pass Through on Hospitality AP's

Posted May 19, 2016 12:11 PM

I am installing IAP-205H using virtual controller.   The switch ports they are connected to are normally configured with an untagged management vlan, and tagged for other user vlans.  We have a radius server which tells the AP what role the client belongs to based on mac address.   It is all working fine except I can't figure out how to use the E0-E3 ethernet ports on the 205H.   At the very least, I'd like to be able to pass through the untagged managment vlan to one of them.

I tried editing the AP and setting E0 uplink to 'enabled', but that didn't seem to do anything...

• 2.  RE: Help Configure Pass Through on Hospitality AP's

Posted May 19, 2016 12:14 PM
    Did you create a different port setting profile for those ports?

• 3.  RE: Help Configure Pass Through on Hospitality AP's

Posted May 19, 2016 01:52 PM

sorry, can you point me to a reference on how to create those and how to assign a port to a profile?  Thanks!

• 4.  RE: Help Configure Pass Through on Hospitality AP's

• 5.  RE: Help Configure Pass Through on Hospitality AP's

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 19, 2016 02:57 PM

"Additionally, the IAP-205H access point has a Pass-Through (PT) port at the back (Figure 2) and an E0/PT port at the bottom (Figure 3). The E0/PT port acts primarily as a Pass-Through (PT) port. Alternatively, the E0/PT port can serve as an E0 uplink port and accepts 802.3af/802.3at PoE power when the E0 and PT ports at the back of the AP are physically bridged by an Ethernet cable."

https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/Command/Core_Download/Default.aspx?EntryId=17326