Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?

I have a 650 controller and 6 105 APs. Now that the APs are no longer instant APs, how do I change the IP address of an AP? I don't see a place in the controller that lets me edit the information for the controllers.

Aruba Employee

Re: How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller

Its under Configuration > AP Installation. Click the AP you want to modify, then click Provision (at the bottom). In the provisioning settings, you will see a place to set the IP Address for the AP. Just make sure you get it right? if you don?t, you?ll have to console to the AP to clear that info.

Re: How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?

When running as a controller-based AP they typically get their IP address via DHCP.  There is typically no need to statically assign the IP address.

If you need to hard -set the IPA connect to the console of the AP, reboot, break the boot process then use the setenv commands to set it: >setenv ipaddr <IPA., setenv netmask <mask>, setenv gatewayip <IPA>.  All the setenv commands are listed in the AOS Users Guide.

New Contributor

Re: How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller?

We did set them with static IP addresses, but unfortunately 2 were given the same address, and it wasn't noticed until recently. I don't like using DHCP for any network devices as a rule. there's not real reason it's a bad idea I guess. that's just my preference.

New Contributor

Re: How can I change the IP address of one of the APs once they are managed by a controller

Thank you. that's exactly what I needed. I'm submitting a change to do that tonight after hours.

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: