Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I configure a DHCP pool in Cisco router giving ip-addresses to a Instant AP VC

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  How do I configure a DHCP pool in Cisco router giving ip-addresses to a Instant AP VC

Posted Nov 09, 2016 10:24 AM

Do any one have an example of dhcp pool config for a Cisco router. I have Instant AP 215 connected in the network does not seem to accept my config.

They take an 169-address and do not assosiate with AIRwave.

ip dhcp pool IAP-Pool
     network xx.xxx.xx.48 255.255.255.240
     option 60 ascii ArubaInstantAP
     option 43 ascii TestKund:SiteLabb2,xxx.xxx.xx.xx,aruba123
     default-router xx.xxx.xx.49

• 2.  RE: How do I configure a DHCP pool in Cisco router giving ip-addresses to a Instant AP VC

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 09, 2016 11:22 AM
    Are you sure the AP is in the same untagged VLAN as the DHCP scope? Even if the DHCP options are wrong, the ap should get an IP address... Does the AP come up without the options?

• 3.  RE: How do I configure a DHCP pool in Cisco router giving ip-addresses to a Instant AP VC

Posted Nov 11, 2016 10:01 AM

Do you also have the vlan created on the Switch to match in with the DHCP scope. This Vlan will also need to be configured on the port that the AP is connected to. Have you tried connecting a laptop in to the same port to see if you get an IP address from DHCP.

• 4.  RE: How do I configure a DHCP pool in Cisco router giving ip-addresses to a Instant AP VC
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 15, 2016 01:36 AM

Hi, problem solved !!

My misstake.

Did not have the vlan for AP propperly working over the trunk between L2 and L3 switch with the DHCP-pool on in.

Thanks all for your reply !!