Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I disable the radios (as in turn off) on a IAP-225 via the CLI

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How do I disable the radios (as in turn off) on a IAP-225 via the CLI

Posted Dec 15, 2014 02:46 PM

I want to disable the radios on an IAP-225 via the comand line interface. Can someone tell me how to do this please.

#AP225

• 2.  RE: How do I disable the radios (as in turn off) on a IAP-225 via the CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2014 04:20 PM
    I'm not sure if you can completely disable. What about just turning them into monitor mode? What's the reason for needing to completely disable?

• 3.  RE: How do I disable the radios (as in turn off) on a IAP-225 via the CLI

Posted Dec 15, 2014 04:25 PM

My application is a re-packaged IAP-225 for commercial aircraft application.  Below 10K feet, the FAA requires intentional radiators, such as access points, to be disabled.  They are picky about a software solution vs a hardware soluton.

• 4.  RE: How do I disable the radios (as in turn off) on a IAP-225 via the CLI

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Dec 15, 2014 05:32 PM

You should probably speak to your Aruba SE about that.  It may need some sort of custom build.

• 5.  RE: How do I disable the radios (as in turn off) on a IAP-225 via the CLI

Posted Dec 18, 2014 12:48 PM
    i know with 4.1+ you can disable the network but whether that turns off the radios I don't know.

If a complete turn off is required for both bands, then like Michael mentions, talk to you Aruba SE to see what can be done.

Maybe a custom C-Build will be required.