Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

This thread has been viewed 12 times
  • 1.  How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

Posted Nov 17, 2014 04:30 PM

I set a static IP on a iap 115 to be the preferred browser however I entered the wrong gateway.  I cannot get to the AP now to change it.  How do I reset it the IP back to DHCP or reset to factory defaults?

• 2.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2014 04:32 PM

Hold down the reset button while powering on the AP.

• 3.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

Posted Nov 17, 2014 04:34 PM
    There is no "reset button". No buttons at all.

David Davis
    Director of Technology
    Scottsbluff Public Schools
    Scottsbluff, Nebraska 69361
    308-635-6208

The information contained in this e-mail message may be privileged and confidential information and is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named herein. If the reader of this message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. Although this e-mail and any attachments are believed to be free of any virus or other defect that might affect any computer system into which it is received and opened, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that it is virus free and no responsibility is accepted by Scottsbluff Public Schools or the author hereof in any way from its use. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us by return e-mail and destroy it immediately. Thank you.

• 4.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 17, 2014 04:42 PM

If it is an IAP, it will have a hole on the back.You'll need a paper clip or tack to press it in.

• 5.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:06 AM

I have a question, I have three 115s and when I press the reset button at the back, how do I know the IAP is reset to factory default? Additionally when it goes to the factory default, what username and password can we use to log back into the GUI. I tried admin admin but that doesn't let me login using the Instant OS GUI.

Many thanks

Kindest regards

Jehanzeb

• 6.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:26 AM

Please see the reset procedure in the AP-110 installation guide here:  https://support.arubanetworks.com/Documentation/tabid/77/DMXModule/512/EntryId/11933/Default.aspx

Screenshot 2017-08-25 at 09.25.53.png

• 7.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:37 AM

Colin as always, you're a star! and it wouldn't be wrong to suggest that you're the encyclopedia of Aruba Networks! I wish I had that much knowledge :)

Many thanks

Kindest regards

Jehanzeb

• 8.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:38 AM

You can.  Just bookmark the Airheads knowledgebase here:  http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Support/ct-p/Support-Documentation-Downloads

• 9.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

Posted Aug 25, 2017 10:53 AM

Thank you Colin.

Kindest regards

Jehanzeb

• 10.  RE: How do I reset a iap 115 to factory defaults

Posted Nov 17, 2014 11:59 PM

Type factory_reset at apboot mode.

regards,