Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How does client match work out trigger?

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How does client match work out trigger?

Posted Aug 21, 2014 06:28 AM

Hi,

Is it right that clientmatch get the trigger from "CM threshold" and "CM neighbor matching %"? These parameters are been managed by user in virtual controller, and the trigger is in virtual beacon reports.

I didn't understand how client match work to get the trigger from them.

Somebody knows how is it work?

Thanks,

Xavi

• 2.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

• 3.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

Posted Aug 21, 2014 08:36 AM

Hi,

Can you tell me which trigger modes are there in client match? I know the Dynamic load balancing, are there any more modes? Can you tell me which ones?

Thanks,

Xavi

• 4.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 08:41 AM
    Band steering, spectrum load balancing along with things like SNR and RSSI..

• 5.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

Posted Aug 21, 2014 09:37 AM

Ok thanks,

As the report said client match has the follow input parameters:

- Sticky client check SNR (dB)

- SNR threshold (dB)

- Sticky Min Signal

I would like to know how can i managed these parametres in my virtual controller, because I can only manage in my IAP "CM threshold" and "CM neighbor matching %"

I supose the "CM threshold" is the same that SNR threshold but,  I didn't understand what does "CM neighbor matching" mean?

Can you explain the realtion between these parameter ("CM neighbor matching") to "Stick client check SNR"? Are we talking about the same?

thanks

These is the report that I talking about:

https://arubanetworkskb.secure.force.com/pkb/articles/HowTo/Client-Match-configuration-related-to-Sticky-Clients-AOS-6-3-and-above

• 6.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 21, 2014 09:58 AM

instant-clientmatch.JPG

• 7.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

Posted Aug 21, 2014 11:34 AM

hi,

Thanks for the information.

This document says that "Controller also runs dynamic load balancing algorithm algorithm periodically". Can i control this perdiocally time? Is is the same with stick client?

Thanks,

http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Controller-Based-WLANs/How-Does-Handoff-Assist-Work/ta-p/181914

• 8.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

• 9.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

Posted Aug 25, 2014 09:20 AM

Hi, 

Another question to understand virtual beacon reports in client match. I try to analize it.

Can you tell me the relation bettwen dBm to  RSSI (received signal strength indicator)?

Thanks for all, 

Xavi

• 10.  RE: How does client match work out trigger?

Posted Aug 28, 2014 09:18 AM

RSSI is what most chipset to display the signal based on percentage it used to be between 0-255 but now most vendors use 0-100 .

Every vendor has a different to map or convert the percentage to the dBm (this is the representation in milliwatts) value which is the actual value that you use