Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 17 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to configure profiling on a Branch Controller

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to configure profiling on a Branch Controller

Posted May 13, 2016 01:39 AM

I'm trying to configure DHCP helper on the Controller VLAN on a Branch Controller to pointing to my CPPM but the option is not available from the master controller. How can I do profiling for all endpoint connected on a Branc Office Controller?

Thanks,

Antonio

• 2.  RE: How to configure profiling on a Branch Controller

Posted May 13, 2016 10:47 AM

When doing DHCP Helper addresses (in your case for CPPM profiling), it is done on each local/branch controller, not the master.   The reason is that this setting is found under the IP configuration of the specific controller.   This is found under the following:

Configuration --> Network/IP (edit) --> DHCP Helper Address

• 3.  RE: How to configure profiling on a Branch Controller

Posted May 13, 2016 11:17 AM

Hi Clembo

Right but the option is not activated, I cand enter any value to setup the helper. Also, I can't pushthe setting from the mater via CLI to the interface of the local/brach

Thanks,

Antonio

• 4.  RE: How to configure profiling on a Branch Controller

Posted May 13, 2016 03:12 PM

On the page I mention below, did you click the Add button below the DHCP Helper Addresses Field?   this will allow you to add an IP Helper address when you click Add and Apply.

dhcp-helper.png

• 5.  RE: How to configure profiling on a Branch Controller

Posted May 13, 2016 04:35 PM

It seems we are talking about different scenarios. I'm using Smart Config on a Master controller in order to configure the Branch Controllers. Branch Controllers can't be configured locally.

The IP helper menu for the VLANs I want to push the Branch is not available, it is not highlighted

I'm configuring the Smart Config using a dynamic template. In order to test it, I've removed the dynamic templated and upload a CSV with the static template and now I can use enter the IP helper value for each of the VLAN.

• 6.  RE: How to configure profiling on a Branch Controller
    Best Answer

Posted May 22, 2016 09:58 AM

Finally fixed partially. It seems there is not an option to setup ip helper using a dynamic branch configuration. If you use static branch configuration, there will be an option to configure from the master the ip helper ip to be able to profile the endpoints but with static configuration I lose the capability to setup dhcp options which is a must for my voice ip phones. I tested with ArubaOS 6.4.4.6 where I can also setup two dns servers.