Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

This thread has been viewed 5 times
  • 1.  How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

Posted Apr 08, 2014 11:32 AM

I have several IAPs running OS 6.3.1.2-4.0.0.4. I've configured AMON on the 3400 Series Mobility Controller. However, I'm not certain if it's possible to enable on the IAP-135s.

Is it possible to enable AMON on the IAP-135s? Are the steps for enabling on a wireless controller the same for IAP135s?

• 2.  RE: How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

Posted Apr 08, 2014 02:41 PM

AMON is not supported on IAP.

• 3.  RE: How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

Posted Apr 08, 2014 02:44 PM

Thanks for the input Marcus. I just received a call from Aruba Support. They confirmed your statement.

I submitted the request for consideration/ideas for the next OS IAP release. Hopefully, the feature will get added in the next OS version.

• 4.  RE: How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 08, 2014 02:48 PM
    What functionality are you looking to gain with AMON support?

• 5.  RE: How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

Posted Apr 10, 2014 05:19 AM

Hi

i know is an old thread but better ask here than create a similar thread

The Functionality i want to gain from AMON is from this post http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Community-Tribal-Knowledge-Base/Why-you-should-always-enable-AMON-on-your-Aruba-Controller-when/ta-p/72104

I want to be able to see the same information a controller gives but with an IAP deployment

/carlos

• 6.  RE: How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

Posted May 13, 2014 09:33 AM

I totally understand that AMON is currently not supported/enabled yet. So I have one other question about the setting 'Prefer AMON vs SNMP Polling'.

If I select this option ' Yes', will that impact my polling/monitoring of the IAPs in Airwave?  I use Airwave to monitor activity on both my controllers and IAPs. If I select 'Yes', how will this impact my ability to manage/monitor my IAPs?

• 7.  RE: How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 13, 2014 09:38 AM

For now, please do not enable "prefer amon".  There is an open bug when prefer is on.  You should be just fine without it being set.

• 8.  RE: How to enable/cofigure AMON on Aruba IAP135s

Posted May 13, 2014 09:38 AM

AirWave does not poll IAP nor does it use SNMP to talk to IAP.   Instead, IAP collects either 60 or 120 seconds of data, .zip's that info into a package, then pushes that package to AirWave who then unpacks it and adds the data.  This is not configurable.