Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

This thread has been viewed 14 times
  • 1.  How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 17, 2017 03:12 AM

Boot up the first AP in a L2 network where there is no existing Instant cluster and no existing Aruba controller.  Also ensure that there that the Unified AP is not provisioned in Central, and no DHCP options has been provisioned to redirect the AP to AirWave.   Upon failure to detect existing Instant cluster, existing Aruba controller, and no relevant Central/AirWave configruation, Unified AP will broadcast a SSID SetMeUP-xx:xx:xx, connect to this SSID, then open https://setmeup.arubanetworks.com, login with admin/admin.  There will be instructions provided on how to convert this Unified AP as the first Instant AP/virtual controller.   Subsequent APs (including Unified AP) boot up in the same L2 network will join this VC as long as the AP belongs to the same hardware family or the AP is having the same firmware release if they belong to different hardware family.

• 2.  RE: How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

Posted Jul 24, 2017 03:50 PM

I'm having an issue with this.  I have an IAP-205H that is working.  If I disconnect it and connect the E0 cable to the new AP-303H (E0 port on the back side not the bottom edge) with an external power supply I see the device boots and eventually I see the Setmeup SSID.  I connect to the SSID but I do not get an IP address and after opening a browser to https://setmeup.arubanetworks.com I just get page can not be loaded errors.  Trying from a wireless device like I use to with the Instant SSID.

No proxy set.   My radio icon on the AP is flashing green.  I also have a console on the AP.  I purged it and tried the factory rest button on the side of the device.   I do have an Instant cluster in my home but the connection between it and my router where the new AP is connected has been disconnected so they are two different wired networks now.  No controllers in the house.  Eventually I tried accessing  the IP address I saw in the console connection that was assigned by my home 10.x.x.x network to the 303H from my home PC on the same wired network.  This worked and I completed the conversion to a RAP.   Everything is good.  Still asking why the Setup SSID access did not seem to work for me?  Any ideas?

• 3.  RE: How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

Posted Sep 28, 2017 05:22 PM

I was having the same issue when trying to go to setmeup.arubanetworks.com and I found that my laptop was holding on to the IP of a previous IAP I had been working on, linked to that URL.  ipconfig /flushdns didn't clear it out so I just used another computer to connect and it worked fine.  Just another thing to try if needed.

• 4.  RE: How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

Posted Jan 26, 2018 09:54 PM

Help.  Having terrible trouble setting up new 303H at Home

Any steps for setup ?  I use the “setmeup” web link to launch Aruba WIFI web page

Only one device can connect to Internet at a time and full speed etc

All other devices say no Internet Connection

The AP SSID can be connected too

With thanks !

• 5.  RE: How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

Posted Jan 26, 2018 10:12 PM

Help. Having terrible trouble setting up new 303H at Home
    Any steps for setup ? I use the “setmeup” web link to launch Aruba WIFI web page
    Only one device can connect to Internet at a time and full speed etc
    All other devices say no Internet Connection
    The AP SSID can be connected too
    With thanks !

• 6.  RE: How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 27, 2018 06:02 AM

Did you already create an SSID?  What parameters did you use to create it?

• 7.  RE: How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

Posted Jan 28, 2018 04:58 AM
    Hi
    Yes created SSID and simply followed Steps. MAN NOT HOT
    I attach 2 screen shots if helps
    Only one device, my IPAD connects to AP and to Internet.
    Other Apple devices connect to AP but all say “No Internet Connection”
    Best
    [image2.png]
    [image1.png]

• 8.  RE: How to setup Instant using Unified AP (36x, 203H/R, 303H)

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jan 28, 2018 08:06 AM

No screenshots are attached.