Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to track high utilization of an IAP225

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  How to track high utilization of an IAP225

Posted Nov 21, 2014 03:33 PM

I am currently experiencing 10-15 minutes of time where the Instant Portal and Aruba Central both show high utilization on an IAP225. The device is servicing around 40 clients split between an employee and guest network. During this time the wireless network is almost unusable and network speeds drop below 1Mbps for a connected device. If I attempt to ping the IP address of the device on the local LAN from a wired computer the times will range from 1200ms - 3000ms or timeouts. Aruba indicates the device can handle the load of the clients however they cannot provide any reason why the IAP is experiecing such high utilization. Is there a way to check the load on the IAP to see if a specific service is causing this or if it is being taxxed by the amount of clients connected to it?

• 2.  RE: How to track high utilization of an IAP225

Posted Nov 21, 2014 04:31 PM

You can use the show cpu utilization and show cpu details

2014-11-21 16_28_19-Instant.png

Do you have that VLAN leaving somewhere else ?

ALso verify that there's no interference in your environment.

You should consider enabling Drop Broadcast/Multicast

• 3.  RE: How to track high utilization of an IAP225

Posted Nov 21, 2014 04:35 PM

There are no additional VLAN's but we do have interference from the neighboring offices. One of the reasons this device was chosen is that it has a dedicated antenna for scanning interfering neighbors. Interesting you suggest Drop when support had me enable All earlier today. Thanks for the reply

• 4.  RE: How to track high utilization of an IAP225

Posted Nov 21, 2014 04:41 PM
    When you select all is the same thing..You should consider lowering the power if it is too high

• 5.  RE: How to track high utilization of an IAP225

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 21, 2014 10:58 PM

Do you have AirWave?

• 6.  RE: How to track high utilization of an IAP225

Posted Nov 24, 2014 08:56 AM

We do not. Support has requested that I upgrade the firmware which is scheduled for tonight. Through Aruba central I see a lot of errors on both frequencies however the switchport the device is connected to does not show any errors.

• 7.  RE: How to track high utilization of an IAP225

Posted Nov 27, 2014 12:25 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of those errors you mention?

In Central, under monitoring -> Access Points -> click on the AP, there is no indicator on channel utilization?

Does the slowdown happen at the same time everyday?
    What version of IAP are you going from/to?