Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment

Posted Jan 04, 2016 07:55 AM

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year.

I have a IAP cluster with the VC master acting as Mesh Portal and another IAP as Mess Point with AP225s. If I upgrade the cluster from the web gui, I always have problems with the Mess Point IAP which I have to do a factory default, deactivate extended SSID and re-create the Mesh configuration re-connecting both IAPs on the same switch which creates a very disruptive proccess. 

In order to use Mesh with AP225 I use Early Availability firmeware releases, is there any specific method to upgrade all the access points without startign from starting from scrath?

Thanks,

• 2.  RE: How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment

Posted Jan 04, 2016 08:36 AM

What error do you get ?
    Is IAP225 patched through the E1 by any chance ?
    How healthy is the mesh link ? You can run the show AP mesh link to see the cost and the RSSI

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

• 3.  RE: How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment

Posted Jan 04, 2016 08:55 AM

Hi Victor,

Basically the Mesh setup is broken. It seems the AP running as Mesh Point doesn't take and reboot with the new image.

The Mesh portal is connected to a wired Internet connection using E0.

Here yu have the output for the mesh link

94:b4:0f:c0:47:70# sho ap mesh link

Neighbor list
    -------------
    MAC                Portal             Channel  Age  Hops  Cost  Relation                 Flags  RSSI  Rate Tx/Rx  A-Req  A-Resp  A-Fail  HT-Details     Cluster ID
    ---                ------             -------  ---  ----  ----  -----------------        -----  ----  ----------  -----  ------  ------  ----------     ----------
    94:b4:0f:84:6c:30  94:b4:0f:84:77:11  52E      0    1     1.00  C 9d:0h:29m:0s           VLK    29    260/520     1      1       0       VHT-80MHz-3ss  6b164eb1e39bc37398cd55549b87b27

• 4.  RE: How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment

Posted Jan 04, 2016 09:20 AM

I recommend that you disable 80 Mhz support under RF > ARM

• 5.  RE: How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment

Posted Jan 04, 2016 10:14 AM

AP acting as mesh port portal is connected using E0, the one working as mesh point is not using any LAN port just serving wireless clients.

In previous versions I faced so many problems with 80Mhz with the mesh configuration, with the 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0 works great and specially in a multinant enviroment with the 2.4Ghz Band overutilized. The issue is during the upgrade proccess,  do you know if I have a way to upgrade the mesh point first and then the portal one?. If I have the same issue in production I won't be able to operate the system in real world. I target the feature as backup buildings using a fast connection over wireless

• 6.  RE: How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 05, 2016 04:22 AM

When trying to upgrade each IAP individually I realized I couldn't access the Mesh Point via SSH from either a client connected on the LAN or Mesh Portal AP. Checking the configuration on the Mesh Point I had E0 Bridging deactivated. After enabling bidging on E0 I was able to upgrade the cluster from the WEB GUI without losing the configuration