Controllerless Networks

Frequent Contributor II

How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment

Hello Everyone and Happy New Year.

I have a IAP cluster with the VC master acting as Mesh Portal and another IAP as Mess Point with AP225s. If I upgrade the cluster from the web gui, I always have problems with the Mess Point IAP which I have to do a factory default, deactivate extended SSID and re-create the Mesh configuration re-connecting both IAPs on the same switch which creates a very disruptive proccess. 

In order to use Mesh with AP225 I use Early Availability firmeware releases, is there any specific method to upgrade all the access points without startign from starting from scrath?

Thanks,

Re: How to upgrade IAP Mesh Deployment

What error do you get ?
Is IAP225 patched through the E1 by any chance ?
How healthy is the mesh link ? You can run the show AP mesh link to see the cost and the RSSI

Pardon typos sent from Mobile

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Frequent Contributor II

Hi Victor,

Basically the Mesh setup is broken. It seems the AP running as Mesh Point doesn't take and reboot with the new image.

The Mesh portal is connected to a wired Internet connection using E0.

Here yu have the output for the mesh link

94:b4:0f:c0:47:70# sho ap mesh link

Neighbor list
-------------
MAC                Portal             Channel  Age  Hops  Cost  Relation                 Flags  RSSI  Rate Tx/Rx  A-Req  A-Resp  A-Fail  HT-Details     Cluster ID
---                ------             -------  ---  ----  ----  -----------------        -----  ----  ----------  -----  ------  ------  ----------     ----------
94:b4:0f:84:6c:30  94:b4:0f:84:77:11  52E      0    1     1.00  C 9d:0h:29m:0s           VLK    29    260/520     1      1       0       VHT-80MHz-3ss  6b164eb1e39bc37398cd55549b87b27

I recommend that you disable 80 Mhz support under RF > ARM

Thank you

Victor Fabian
Lead Mobility Engineer @ Integration Partners
AMFX | ACMX | ACDX | ACCX | CWAP | CWDP | CWNA
Frequent Contributor II

AP acting as mesh port portal is connected using E0, the one working as mesh point is not using any LAN port just serving wireless clients.

In previous versions I faced so many problems with 80Mhz with the mesh configuration, with the 6.4.3.4-4.2.1.0 works great and specially in a multinant enviroment with the 2.4Ghz Band overutilized. The issue is during the upgrade proccess,  do you know if I have a way to upgrade the mesh point first and then the portal one?. If I have the same issue in production I won't be able to operate the system in real world. I target the feature as backup buildings using a fast connection over wireless

Frequent Contributor II

When trying to upgrade each IAP individually I realized I couldn't access the Mesh Point via SSH from either a client connected on the LAN or Mesh Portal AP. Checking the configuration on the Mesh Point I had E0 Bridging deactivated. After enabling bidging on E0 I was able to upgrade the cluster from the WEB GUI without losing the configuration

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: