Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

Http connecting to virtual controller IP

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  Http connecting to virtual controller IP

Posted Nov 14, 2017 10:18 AM

Are you supposed to be able to connect to the clusters virtual controller IP over the web?  I thought this is supposed to be how it is so if the master changes you dont have to search for the new master but i havent been able to connect to the ip yet.

• 2.  RE: Http connecting to virtual controller IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 10:23 AM

Do you have a Virtual Controller IP defined that is in the same management subnet as your IAPs?

• 3.  RE: Http connecting to virtual controller IP

Posted Nov 14, 2017 11:06 AM

Yes  we made it xxx.xxx.xxx.2 and all the IAPs are from xxx.xxx.xxx.5 and up

• 4.  RE: Http connecting to virtual controller IP

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Nov 14, 2017 11:21 AM
    Can you ping the IP address?

• 5.  RE: Http connecting to virtual controller IP

Posted Nov 14, 2017 11:36 AM

Yes, we can ping it and we can ping all the IAPs as well.  Once we connect them to Airwave we can no longer connect to the IAPs through HTTP either.

The problem we are having is sometimes Airwave will say a whole cluster is down and yet we can srtill ping the individual IAPs and we know the SSID is still being broadcast so we would like to be able to connect to the virtual controller at least to see what the problem is. 

• 6.  RE: Http connecting to virtual controller IP

Posted Nov 14, 2017 04:25 PM

An AirWave managed IAP should be able to respond to pings, SSH and open a GUI as well (although restricted in terms of options).

Do you have any VPN tunnel created by IAPs to controllers, in this as well? Any topology, which tells where you are trying to access the IAP cluster from, will also help.

• 7.  RE: Http connecting to virtual controller IP

Posted Nov 15, 2017 10:13 AM

I figured it out , thanks for everyones help