Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

I have Aruba 200 series and I want to set it to AM mode and monitor only 1 channel.

I have Aruba 200 series and I want to set it to AM mode and monitor only 1 channel. Currently the AP monitors different channels.

How to set it so it will only monitor one channel?

Thank you

Guru Elite

Re: I have Aruba 200 series and I want to set it to AM mode and monitor only 1 channel.

Is it an IAP or controller-based AP?

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Re: I have Aruba 200 series and I want to set it to AM mode and monitor only 1 channel.

Hi cjoseph,

It is an IAP solution.
Thanks you for you help

Regards,
Hicham
Occasional Contributor I

Hi

I am still stuck at his issue. Does anyone have any idea on how to do this?

Thanks,
Hicham

Guru Elite

You can certainly set an IAP to AM mode and monitor a single channel, but what do you want to do with the information?  Packet capture?  IDS/IPS?  What you want to do on that channel will determine what you need to do.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Occasional Contributor I

Hi

They will be used for packets capturing ONLY. They will not provide any access to any clients or broadcast any messages. Basically they will be working as packets sniffers in promiscuous mode.

Thanks,

Hicham

Guru Elite

Sorry for taking so long, but the articles that I saw for IAP packet capture did not explain everything.  Attached is something I put together quickly, so I'm sorry in advance.

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Joseph,

Thanks for the doc you put together and for your time.

We already have the IPA configured as AM and we are doing packets capturing. But what we noticed is the IAP are cycling through the valid channels. For instance we have configured the valid channels for 2.4 Ghz to [1, 6, 11].

But we couldn't figure out how to force

e.g IAP1 to monitor only channel  1

IAP2 to monitor only channel 6

IAP3 to monitor only channel 11.

So when we are capturing if we log into CLI and isssue this command "show ap monitor status" we see AP1 cycling through all valid channels and not staying on 1.

I hope this gives you a better idea about our setup and the issue we are facing.

I have attached a documenet to show the IAP setting and the channel hopping that we observed

Regards,

Hicham

Guru Elite

Did you set the channel in the pcap start command?

Colin Joseph

Occasional Contributor I

Hi Joe,

I just tried it. Once the capture started, the IAP is locked to whatever channel number we gave it.

Thanks so much for your help.

Regards,

Hicham

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: