Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget

I have some Apple TVs that are dropping connectivity when AirPlaying from iPADs and MAC OSX.

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  I have some Apple TVs that are dropping connectivity when AirPlaying from iPADs and MAC OSX.

Posted Sep 26, 2014 12:25 PM

I have some Apple TVs that are dropping connectivity when AirPlaying from iPADs and MAC OSX. 

In one partuicular classroom the Apple TV seems to occationally; about every 5 minutes; switch between APs. Almost within 5 seconds of that happening the AirPlay stops. Sometime I can conenct back to the Apple TV and sometimes it doesn't show up in the list of available Apple TVs right away. 

I also have a MAC that drops connection after about 5 minutes to a different Apple TV.

There is also classroom that should be too remote for a device to switch between APs but it drops occationally as well during airplay. Most of the iPADs are ipad2 to on IOS7. Apple TVs should be running the latest.

Any insights would be helpful. I also notived a fair amount of retries on both my ipad I was testing with and the Apple TV durring certain periods.