Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

Posted Dec 05, 2016 04:40 AM

I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same. I am using Aruba Cloud Services Controller.

• 2.  RE: I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

Posted Dec 06, 2016 05:48 AM

Hi,

There's a solution posted on the ASE thast details what you need to do. Here's the link.

Cheers

James

• 3.  RE: I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

Posted Dec 13, 2016 05:09 AM

Thanks for the link. But the documentation is not addressing the query with proper configuration instruction. Below are my requirements which I like to integrate with Aruba WiFi 1. Show captive portal page hosted

1. Show captive portal page hosted in my server and take user to wifi authentication without any email id.

2. Show captive portal page hosted in my server and take user to wifi authentication with my radius server

• 4.  RE: I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

Posted Dec 13, 2016 05:41 AM

Ok. What are you configuring the external captive portal on?

What credentials should a user enter when authenticating?

• 5.  RE: I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

Posted Dec 13, 2016 07:16 AM

I have two type of users.
    One who don't share any info. Should I pass a dummy email for these users ?

Other users - enter their username and password. I have my RADIUS server which have the record against which I can validate their credentials.

• 6.  RE: I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

Posted Dec 13, 2016 07:18 AM

Ok. 

What is hosting your externally hosted captive portal?

• 7.  RE: I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

Posted Dec 13, 2016 07:31 AM

I have my external server where I can host an html page.
    Based on different client mac (users), I decide to show them either a 'Click to Get Internet' button or a form field where they can fill username and password.

So coming back to Aruba terms, first type of users are like GUESTS, and second type are LOGON who are validated against my RADIUS server.

From documentation, I found that GUEST type users require an email id which need to be submitted using a form. Below is the sample form I am using in my html page for GUEST users.

<form name="aruba-auth-form" method="post" action="">
    <input type="hidden" id="email" name="email" type="text" value="test@mycompany.com"/>
    <input type="hidden" name="cmd" value="authenticate" />
    <input type="submit" name="Login" value="Log In" class="button" />
    </form>

My concern is whether I can proceed without email id, as I am not asking the users for email id.

• 8.  RE: I wish to configure an externally hosted captive portal for by SSID. Need help regarding the same.

Posted Dec 13, 2016 07:36 AM

This would depend on the external captive portal server. As I don't know what you're using it's difficult to advise.

However, I'm sure there is a way to do what you want without having a user enter an email address.