Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 103 Reboot Loop

This thread has been viewed 7 times
  • 1.  IAP 103 Reboot Loop

Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:01 AM

Hello everyone,

i have a problem with new 3 IAP 103 Access Points. The new 3 APs booting every 2 minutes. Every AP get an IP Address from our DHCP server. But i can't see these APs over the WebGUI on the virtual controller.

Today i upgradet the firmware on my existing APs to 6.4.4.8 - 4.2.4.6

I also made a reset on the new APs.

Can you help me?

• 2.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:07 AM
    What is the model of the existing access points? You might have to upgrade those new access points offline manually, since 6.4.2.6 is not GA code, they won't get it from the cloud. If your existing cluster has IAP 103s, they should be able to upgrade their code from the existing cluster...

• 3.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:19 AM

Hello,

the existing APs are 103 too. We have only 103 APs in a Cluster. Now we have nine 103 APs in a Cluster and they working fine.

We have orderd 3 new 103 APs and only the new APs have the reboot problem.

Ok how can i manually upgrade the APs. they have no console port. Do you have guide?

• 4.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 16, 2017 06:39 AM
    You would have to download the instant code and bring the new APs up on a separate network with DHCP. Log into the AP and upgrade it. When you are done, bring it up on the network with your existing cluster...

• 5.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

Posted Mar 16, 2017 11:25 AM

No this doesn't work. I had the new APs installed in a separate network with dhcp. the APs booting after 2 minutes. the APs show only Power and Ethernet LED. Not woreless. Maybe a malfunction on these APs ?

• 6.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

Posted Mar 17, 2017 07:12 AM

any updates?

• 7.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Mar 17, 2017 07:24 AM

If only the PWE and ENET LED are flashing then usually this means the AP does not have an IP address. Have you tried attaching a console cable to see if there is any output? This will give you information on IP addressing and the master election status. 

Attach the console cable to one of the new AP's and also provide the tech support from the working Virtual Controller as well.

Is your Virtual Controller configured to allow any new AP's to join or only certain MAC addresses?

• 8.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

Posted Mar 17, 2017 07:49 AM

i get an ip address from dhcp. i see the mac in dhcp and i can ping the ip. yesterday i configured a separate network with dhcp server. when i connect one of the ne AP in this network, i have the same issue.

i don't habe a console cablle. and my next wuestion where is the console port? is this the port with PINs? Than i need a console cable.

• 9.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2017 09:02 AM

Can you get into the GUI of any of those access points?

• 10.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

Posted Mar 17, 2017 11:13 AM

No i can only ping the APs

• 11.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2017 11:17 AM

• 12.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

Posted Mar 17, 2017 11:41 AM

yes i did it. i have no more ideas.

• 13.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Mar 17, 2017 11:55 AM

" I had the new APs installed in a separate network with dhcp." Are they in sepereta subnet / VLAN? If so, you should try to have them on the same subnet. I'm not sure if the management communication for the cluster work over layer3...

• 14.  RE: IAP 103 Reboot Loop

Posted Mar 19, 2017 08:15 AM
    The AP and DHCP are in the same subnet. I wanted to take one AP with Web GUI access. But no luck. I think the APs have a faulty OS. I create a RMA tomorrow. Thank you for your helpö