Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

Posted Sep 07, 2012 04:21 AM
      |   view attached

Does IAP 105 support bridge wired traffic through mesh mode?    

OR bridge wired traffic through bridge mode? 

i tired to try many time on mesh and bridge wired traffic to switch .  cannot be success

• 2.  RE: IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2012 06:21 AM

Yes.

In the AP System Profile of the Ap-Group, Configure the Wired AP profile in the Enet Profile.  Set the forward mode the bridged and set the VLAN to 1.

• 3.  RE: IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

Posted Oct 01, 2014 11:09 AM

does this count for IAP92/93 too ? would like to kick out my netgear extender wifi at home which connects to existing wifi and gives me that wifi network on its 4port switch as bridge access so i can connect some ethernet device to it.

so, same i would like to do with iap92/93 to use the wifi uplink feature, and then activate eth0-bridge , and use vlan1 , but config seems to be defining this as trunk . in my case i have to change to switchport-access perhaps via cli cause not able to change wired_default_profile from trunk to switchport .

for the moment it seems the wifi uplink seems not working, but i wonder cause i had this wifi uplink only (without ethernet bridge) properly same configured in may 2014 with older iap OS.

CLI log says :

Loading configuration file of length 2.7k...
    wifi uplink detected...
    extened ssid config detected...
    Terminal access enabled...
    Valid SSID detected...
    do ethtool autoneg on for eth0

so it seems the wifi uplink is properly accessed , have to check other logs too. just wanted to know if the eth0 bridge generally works for iap93 devices too  (the wifi uplink is a separate problem yes i know.).

• 4.  RE: IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

Posted Oct 01, 2014 11:10 AM

>n the AP System Profile of the Ap-Group, Configure the Wired AP profile in the Enet Profile.  Set the forward mode the bridged and set the VLAN to 1.

well this is ArubaOS  on controller, i know there it works as expected , as using it for years.

in my case it's 4.1.0.2 on instantOS .

• 5.  RE: IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

Posted Oct 01, 2014 11:15 AM

ok seems switchport-mode access is avail in instantOS too, cool ;-) so for the moment it's :

wired-port-profile default_wired_port_profile
     switchport-mode access
     allowed-vlan all
     native-vlan 1
     shutdown
     access-rule-name default_wired_port_profile
     speed auto
     duplex full
     no poe
     type employee
     captive-portal disable
     no dot1x

so this seems to be properly configured, now lets solve my wifi uplink problem, in may i had to change from wpa2 -> wpa1 to connect as wifi uplink to my umts wifi huawei with the iap92 . i wonder why it doesnt work with wpa2 .

• 6.  RE: IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

Posted Sep 07, 2012 02:26 PM
      |   view attached

This is a feature that will be available in our next major release (3.1) due before the end of this quarter.  To configure it, when it ia available: Highlight the AP in the WebUI > click on the Uplink tab > Select "Enabled" on "Eth 0 Bridging".  See the screen capture attached.

• 7.  RE: IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

Posted Sep 09, 2012 09:42 AM
      |   view attached

i cannot get the uplink optoin as you mention. firmware difference ?

• 8.  RE: IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 09, 2012 11:09 AM

"...This is a feature that will be available in our next major release (3.1) due before the end of this quarter."

• 9.  RE: IAP 105 Can do Mesh or Bridge ?

Posted Sep 10, 2012 09:40 AM

Noted. thank you so much