Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105 Master issue

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 105 Master issue

Posted May 02, 2013 10:34 AM

I have just installed an IAP 105 cluster.  The issue I have is.  When the master IAP is rebooted, It does not take over the role of master.  It just blinks Red lights on the antenna's until I reboot the current elected master. 

Any Ideas.  If this is a repost I am sorry, I could not find a similar post.

• 2.  RE: IAP 105 Master issue

Posted May 02, 2013 10:43 AM

What IAP OS code are you running ?

• 3.  RE: IAP 105 Master issue

Posted May 02, 2013 10:45 AM

Do you have "Auto-Join" enabled or disabled?

No IAP in a cluster is designated as a permanent Master / VC.  If the active VC goes offline another IAP will automatically take over as the new VC and will remain the VC until it goes offline / reboots.  This is, in part, based on system uptime.

That being said, that IAP should re-join the group as a member so something is wrong.

What version of SW are you running?  v.3.3 is the current and has a number of fixes for similar issues.  Without TAC involvement, however, I don't know if you are hitting one of these issues but this is an easy thing to try.

• 4.  RE: IAP 105 Master issue

Posted May 08, 2013 02:13 PM

I rebooted all the other IAP's and the .25 AP came back on line.  I was able to run the firmware upgrade to the AP's and all AP's came back up with the new Firmware.

• 5.  RE: IAP 105 Master issue

Posted May 13, 2013 02:20 PM

I rebooted the other 16 AP's and the .25 AP came online.  We upgraded to the latest firmware last Wednesday night and all AP's were active.  This morning I was informed that the AP was down again this morning Antenna showing red.  The only way to have it come online is to reboot all the other AP's.

• 6.  RE: IAP 105 Master issue

Posted May 13, 2013 03:09 PM

Please open a case with TAC to do further debugging.

• 7.  RE: IAP 105 Master issue
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 18, 2013 08:50 AM

The issue was resolved.

I had the VC IP the same as one of the IAP's.  Once I changed the IP of the switch.  I no longer had issues with the Master Role.

• 8.  RE: IAP 105 Master issue

Posted Oct 10, 2013 11:41 AM

I am deploying multiple iAP105's .  Does seperating the ip of the ap from the virtual controller mean that i wont really know which ap is the controller?  Does it matter?

is there a place where i set the ip for the virtual controller so i can always browse to it ?

thanks for your help.

• 9.  RE: IAP 105 Master issue

Posted May 02, 2013 05:12 PM

Edit.....removed as looks to be answered correctly.