Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105'S RANDOMLY DISCONNECTS AND RECONNECTS EVERY 5-10MIN OR SO! ANY IDEAS?

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 105'S RANDOMLY DISCONNECTS AND RECONNECTS EVERY 5-10MIN OR SO! ANY IDEAS?

Posted May 28, 2015 07:40 PM

I have a wireless network of 19 IAP 105's and 6 IAP 225's and just like the title says I am having an issue where the AP's are randomly rebooting or disconnecting.

I watched one disconnect from from VC and I pinged it and got no response and then watched as the continual ping showed it coming back to life. When they go down it is only for a few miutes so im guessing that they are rebooting.

It appears that none of the 225's are dropping out only the 105's. We have only seen this issue in the last 5 days.

I have update the firmware to the latest but that hasnt changed the problem. the current firmware in it is 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.5_49609.

I have done an arp ping form my firewall to see if someone had made a mistake and put a multiple IP address on another device but come up clean.

Any help would be appreciated as the wireless is very ineffective for my school!

#AP225

• 2.  RE: IAP 105'S RANDOMLY DISCONNECTS AND RECONNECTS EVERY 5-10MIN OR SO! ANY IDEAS?

Posted May 29, 2015 06:20 AM

Hi Friend,

Please share the output of "show log system" to understand the issue.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: IAP 105'S RANDOMLY DISCONNECTS AND RECONNECTS EVERY 5-10MIN OR SO! ANY IDEAS?

Posted Jun 02, 2015 07:54 PM

Solved i have posted fix below!

• 4.  RE: IAP 105'S RANDOMLY DISCONNECTS AND RECONNECTS EVERY 5-10MIN OR SO! ANY IDEAS?
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 02, 2015 07:55 PM

THis is the the email i got from Aruba about this problem!

I have received an update from the developers and they are suspecting that the IAP is running out of memory due to GVRP running on the cisco switch. This has been reported in the past and the fix has been integrated into 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.6. Please upgrade and check if this resolves the issue.