Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 19 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105 and AP135

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 105 and AP135

Posted Mar 27, 2012 12:31 PM

I'm a newbie to Aruba products, so apologize for the silly question. We have a remote site where I'd like to take advantage of the radio technology of the ap135, but really don't need a full on controller. I want to preserve device association and roaming. Can I use a IAP105 as a controller to manage 4, AP135's?  Is my only choice to use a 620 or all IAP's in order to preserve device association and roaming?

• 2.  RE: IAP 105 and AP135

Posted Mar 27, 2012 12:37 PM

You can use the Aruba Instant product with 4 IAPs - one of them acts as a virtual controller to manage the Instant network.

What clients are in use at your site and are you referring to layer 2 (all clients have IP addresses in the same subnet across roams) or layer 3 roaming (across subnets)?

Shashi

• 3.  RE: IAP 105 and AP135

Posted Mar 27, 2012 01:00 PM

I realize I can use 4 IAP's together, but can I have 1 or 2 IAP's and manage an additional 4, ap135 at the same location? Can they coexist?

The clients would be in the same layer network with the same IP address space.

Thanks

• 4.  RE: IAP 105 and AP135
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 27, 2012 01:19 PM

All the APs would have to be IAPs - running the Aruba Instant software. You can't manage regular campus APs from the IAP virtual controller.

I hope this answers your question.

S