Controllerless Networks

PAF
Contributor I

IAP 105 and IAP 205

Hi guys,

Would it be possible to add IAP 205's to and existing IAP 105 Cluster of 7?

Community Administrator

Re: IAP 105 and IAP 205

Yes!

They just need to be running the version of code.

CWNA, ACMP, Security +
PAF
Contributor I

Hi Jamie,

Thanks again for your help, I see the code available for both these IAP's is 6.4.4.4-4.2.3.2 (Orion for the 105 and Taurus for the 205). So as long as both sets of IAPS are the same version of code I should be OK, Any idea what code the 205 comes bundled with? it doesn't state this on the reseller full specification  details. If I upgrade the existing 105 IAPS to that code and then join them to the cluster successfully I should be OK to upgrade all IAP's to latest compatible code for both sets, is that correct?

PAF
Contributor I

Just found the data sheet for the 205,

• ArubaOS 6.4.1.0

• Aruba InstantOS 4.1.1.0

I'm assuming this is the bundled software, correct?

Guru Elite

Those are just the minimums.  It could come with software that is newer than that.  You also can upgrade to anything in the Limited Lifetime Waranty page here:  http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/20374/Default.aspx

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

PAF
Contributor I

Hi Colin,

Thanks again or the info, can I get the the curently installed code of an IAP using the console port?

Guru Elite

When it boots up, it will tell you what version it is running.  If you cannot get into the console, you would type "show version"

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: