Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-105 high number of DHCP Request timed out

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-105 high number of DHCP Request timed out

Posted Apr 28, 2014 01:44 PM

At the building where we are experiencing the issue, we have eighteen Aruba IAP-105US access points.  We are getting a high number of "DHCP Request timed out" alert messages, it seems to happen especially in the morning when a lot of our users are connecting for the first time.  DHCP is provided by a Windows Server 2008R2 domain controller.

I have confirmed that the switch ports the access points are on are configured for the appropriate VLANs (knowing that DHCP requests would be denied if these were configured incorrectly) and confirmed that there are enough DHCP addresses to accommodate the clients.  This issue seemed to occur shortly after I upgraded Instant to 4.0.0.5 on this network (other networks of ours are fine on that firmware); as a result, I rolled back to 4.0.0.4.  This did not resolve the issue, apart from a brief period of perhaps 1-2 days after the wireless network was rebooted due to the rollback.

If anyone has any suggestions, I would appreciate it.

• 2.  RE: IAP-105 high number of DHCP Request timed out

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 28, 2014 07:58 PM

Have you opened up a case for this?

• 3.  RE: IAP-105 high number of DHCP Request timed out

Posted Apr 29, 2014 03:03 PM

I have just opened Case #1533904 , after performing some additional troubleshooting.

I restarted the DHCP Server service on our server several times over the course of troubleshooting.  Also, my predecessor left some of the access points in DHCP mode; I have assigned all of them static IP addresses as part of my process.