Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105 :- how to configure guest vlan with ip helper address to network dhcp server ?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 105 :- how to configure guest vlan with ip helper address to network dhcp server ?

Posted Sep 20, 2013 05:40 AM

Good Day.

My client has an Enterprise SSID on default vlan 1 and uses DHCP server 192.168.1.3 on the network. their mask is 255.255.248.0

they classify the traffic once authenticated on AD ant this is send on to the Cyberroam Firwall to group and send via diffrent Internet connections.

Now they want to add SSID Guest to use vlan 210 (192.168.210.0/22) and also use dhcp server 192.168.1.3 to hand out ip address and to add domain details. The clasification on Cyberroam will be the vlan tag 210

How do i create ip helper address on the IAP ?

should i rather create another Enterprise SSID for the Guest access ?

thanks for the assistance.

Frikkie

• 2.  RE: IAP 105 :- how to configure guest vlan with ip helper address to network dhcp server ?
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 20, 2013 06:02 AM

I think you can do this in the DHCP options.

IAP-DHCP.jpg

Make sure the vlan for the Guest ssid is network assigned with that static value.  I've not had to do exactly this before, but I believe that is how it should be done.

Hope that helps.