Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:30 AM

Have 2 IAP 105's, 2 seperate IP's assigned via DHCP by MAC address.  DHCP says active and both AP's are getting an IP address. You navigate to either IP and it directs to the Virtual Controller (which is correct).  However, when logging into the VC, I cannot see the other AP listed? no clients are able to connect to the "missing" AP. I have this working fine in another facility.  I added the MAC address to the allowed-ap list.  The other AP should get the config and all config changes from the VC, correct?  I am on ArubaInstant_Orion_6.1.2.3-2.0.0.

• 2.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:36 AM

Does it work when you turn on auto-join?

• 3.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:37 AM

forgot to mention that, Auto Join Mode is enabled

• 4.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:39 AM

If you are physically near the APs with the problem, can you get a tech-support from them?

• 5.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

Posted Apr 13, 2012 09:41 AM

I am not near the AP.  It is at a remote location.  I will see if the remote admin can console into the AP for me.

• 6.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

Posted Apr 13, 2012 10:06 AM

hmmm..I have enabled telnet access.. however, the admin password I have set is not working on the 1 AP (default password not working either).  works on the VC AP though.  Maybe I should default that AP to get the config again?  Is there a reset button on the IAP105's?

• 7.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

Posted Apr 13, 2012 12:09 PM

Do they have layer-2 connectivity?  I've done somethinig like this to myself where 3 iAPs formed one VC in VLAN5 and 7 iAPs formed a second VC in VLAN4.

I solved it by shutting power off for the 3, changing their vlan assignments and restoring power.

Once they could "see" the broadcasts, they joined and all has been well since.

--Matthew

• 8.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

Posted Apr 13, 2012 12:17 PM

The "missing" AP at first received an IP from DHCP..now (for troubleshooting purposes), I tried to change the IP (bounced the switchport) and DHCP claims inactive.  I can still ping the original IP..its like its almost statically assigned now.  I browse to the original IP and it still directs me to the VC.  WEIRD!  I have the VLAN assignment on default VLAN.  Clients are able to connect to the working one with no problems.

• 9.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 13, 2012 05:05 PM

You can get the tech support from the GUI.  No need for console.

• 10.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

Posted Apr 16, 2012 03:01 PM

got it.  Guess I will open up a support case.

• 11.  RE: IAP 105 not showing up on Virtual Controller

Posted Jul 18, 2013 02:49 AM

Did you got any solution for this even i m facing the similar issue.