Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 105's Not Listed in Cluster

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 105's Not Listed in Cluster

Posted Jul 20, 2014 11:45 PM

I have a cluster of 49 IAP 225's.  I recently added 10 IAP 105's.  Switchport interfaces are all configured identical and the 105's get an IP address from the DHCP server and show in the correct VLAN.  They have same DHCP scope and VLAN as 225's.  The VC/master does not see any of the IAP 105's.  When I attempt to use the web interface to go to a 105 IP address, I get re-directed back to the master.  Some of the MAC addresses for the 105's are showing in IDS as interferring with the 225's in the cluster.

I am assuming the 105's need a firmware upgrade?  How do I manually upgrade the firmware on the 105's?

#AP225

• 2.  RE: IAP 105's Not Listed in Cluster

Posted Jul 21, 2014 02:05 AM
    Yes, the firmware on the 105s will need to match the 225. There may be a better way to do it, however I'd boot them up on another switch and join the instant SSID and upgrade them from there without making any config changes. Then see if they'll join your 225 cluster.

• 3.  RE: IAP 105's Not Listed in Cluster

Posted Jul 21, 2014 02:06 AM
    Sorry - another switch/separate VLAN so that create a new cluster temporarily and you can join instant.

• 4.  RE: IAP 105's Not Listed in Cluster

Posted Jul 21, 2014 06:29 AM

There are a bunch of reasons why an IAP would not join a cluster:

1) AP does not get an IP address (Not your case)

2) AP's country code does not match with that of the existing clusters'

3) Image version does not match

4) If AP has been configured as Standalone AP or Prefered master (While there is another preferred master existing)

In your case its mostly the image version miss match as you are suspecting.

To address the same, the options are:

1) Put them in a separate VLAN where no other IAP existing and upgarde

2) Other option is to do an upgrade from the existing VLAN by getting into apboot (need to mention tftp server and change the boot mode to tftp) - but this method is difficult for doing for 10 APs. Easier is the first option.