Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP 105

First let me say i am not the Aruba guy at work.  With that said, I have an IAP 105 running at my house (received free from an Aruba Event) and I also have a netgear Wireless router.  My question is how can I have Aruba not see my netgear as rogue?  

Guru Elite

Re: IAP 105

This is only available when you use AirWave to manage the Instant cluster.

Tim Cappalli | Aruba Security TME
@timcappalli | timcappalli.me | ACMX #367 / ACCX #480

If the Netgear and IAP are wired in the same subnet and the IAP can hear the Netgear over the air then it will ba classified as Rogue.  This behavior cannot be changed in IAP and you cannot re-classify the Netgear as "Neighbor" as you can in the Controller-based solutions.

There is no harm in the Netgear being detected as Rogue so long as you have Automatic Containment disabled (default).

Occasional Contributor I

Classified as rogue, will this affect performance on either device?

Jason Lehman
EmpRes Healthcare
IT Support
jlehman@empres.com
W: (360)514-9330
C: (360) 606-3386

[EmpResLogo]

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.

There is no harm in the Netgear being detected as Rogue so long as you have Automatic Containment disabled (default).

Occasional Contributor I

Thanks

Jason Lehman
EmpRes Healthcare
IT Support
jlehman@empres.com
W: (360)514-9330
C: (360) 606-3386

[EmpResLogo]

NOTICE: This communication may contain privileged or other confidential information. If you have received it in error, please advise the sender by reply email and immediately delete the message and any attachments without copying or disclosing the contents. Thank you.
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: