Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

Posted Apr 29, 2014 06:44 AM

We have just installed 29 IAP-115 and using a virtual controller to administer them. We are having an issue where the virtual controller will not login first time and often when it does log in it shows no data, just a message saying that it is not connected. Does any one have any ideas on why this may be occuring?

• 2.  RE: IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 29, 2014 09:51 AM

Are you running the latest code?  4.0.0.5?

Can you SSH to it?  Note: might have to enable terminal access in the UI first.

• 3.  RE: IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

Posted Apr 29, 2014 12:24 PM

If the condition "not connected" is at the bottom of the screen (on the right prior to login or centered post login) that's probably the indication that the virtual controller isn't connected to an Airwave server.

This is only an issue if in fact you're using an Airwave server - and nothing to worry about if you are not.

• 4.  RE: IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

Posted Apr 30, 2014 03:42 AM

The main issue was that no dashboard data was displayed, so it made administering the network difficult. 

• 5.  RE: IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

Posted Apr 30, 2014 01:23 PM

We ran into other issues with 4.0.0.0  -- related to how the cluster members talk to one onother -- they seemed to argue about which was the master and occasionally one would "win" by starting a new cluster and the others would move to it.

Now that you mention it, we knew it was happening because we lost the ability to authenticate to the new clusters.

We moved to 4.0.0.4 and the problem hasn't resurfaced.

• 6.  RE: IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

Posted Apr 30, 2014 03:40 AM

I am running  6.3.1.0-4.0.0 and I cannont SSH onto the virtual controller when this occurs. 

I have done some more digging though and I have found that if I unplug the preferred master access point everything works fine. So for the time being I have turned off the preferred master setting on the access point and it all seems to be working okay. I'm not sure why setting a prefered master would have this effect, but at least it is working now.