Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

We have just installed 29 IAP-115 and using a virtual controller to administer them. We are having an issue where the virtual controller will not login first time and often when it does log in it shows no data, just a message saying that it is not connected. Does any one have any ideas on why this may be occuring?

Aruba

Re: IAP-115 Virtual Controller Issues

Are you running the latest code?  4.0.0.5?

Can you SSH to it?  Note: might have to enable terminal access in the UI first.

Seth R. Fiermonti
Consulting Systems Engineer - ACCX, ACDX, ACMX
Email: seth@hpe.com
-----
If you found my post helpful, please give kudos
MVP

If the condition "not connected" is at the bottom of the screen (on the right prior to login or centered post login) that's probably the indication that the virtual controller isn't connected to an Airwave server.

This is only an issue if in fact you're using an Airwave server - and nothing to worry about if you are not.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
New Contributor

I am running  6.3.1.0-4.0.0 and I cannont SSH onto the virtual controller when this occurs. 

I have done some more digging though and I have found that if I unplug the preferred master access point everything works fine. So for the time being I have turned off the preferred master setting on the access point and it all seems to be working okay. I'm not sure why setting a prefered master would have this effect, but at least it is working now.

New Contributor

The main issue was that no dashboard data was displayed, so it made administering the network difficult. 

MVP

We ran into other issues with 4.0.0.0  -- related to how the cluster members talk to one onother -- they seemed to argue about which was the master and occasionally one would "win" by starting a new cluster and the others would move to it.

Now that you mention it, we knew it was happening because we lost the ability to authenticate to the new clusters.

We moved to 4.0.0.4 and the problem hasn't resurfaced.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: