Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Feb 26, 2015 01:54 PM

Hi guys

I have a customer with 53 IAP-115 clustered. Today he has sent an email to me with some issue that occurred today. Some IAP's change the operation mode to Monitor instead Access without any Human Intervention.

The OS version is 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1.

All IAP's was configured to become Hybrid IAP. After the first customer email, I call him to disable the "background spectrum monitoring" option at the RF / Radio menu and them reboot all IAP. In time, it's come all IAP as Access.

But now it's happen again and I don't know what is happen.

Tks

Luiz

• 2.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Feb 27, 2015 04:21 AM

Hi,

This may happened when ARM is enabled and it is seeing interference (co-channel or no wifi). disable ARM to fix this issue.

Please feel free for any further help on this.

• 3.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Feb 27, 2015 08:07 AM

Hi

You mean to disable the ARM and put the channel fixed ? Or you say to disable some ARM features ? What kind of feature ?

Cheers man!

Luiz

• 4.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Feb 27, 2015 08:29 AM

HI,

Disable ARM but In such a big deployment scenarios, disabling ARM and manual channel assignment is a tedious job.

how many APs getting effected ? if few are effected, let them be in scanning mode but check whether there any coverage holes. if more number of APs effected, you need to rework on the deployment itself.

though disabling ARM solves your issue but it is not recommended .

• 5.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Feb 27, 2015 08:35 AM

We have 53 IAPs 115 and will come to 120 in a few days.

Today I don't see the problem till now but yesterday it happen four times..

• 6.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Feb 28, 2015 06:45 PM

we are sure about two things
    this problem is probably due to ARM
    in the ARM, when there are an overcoverage ARM designate some AP to work in AM mode.

Normally you will not have a wifi covrage issue with that .

I agree disabling ARM is not a very good idea when you have 53 IAP.

• 7.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Feb 28, 2015 06:54 PM

@luizguimaraes wrote:

Hi guys

I have a customer with 53 IAP-115 clustered. Today he has sent an email to me with some issue that occurred today. Some IAP's change the operation mode to Monitor instead Access without any Human Intervention.

All IAP's was configured to become Hybrid IAP. After the first customer email, I call him to disable the "background spectrum monitoring" option at the RF / Radio menu and them reboot all IAP. In time, it's come all IAP as Access.

Tks

Luiz

are the 53 AP in the same Cluster or not, it is true that there are no softwere limit to that , but 53 in the same cluster is too much

• 8.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Mar 02, 2015 09:12 AM

@rchahboune wrote:

@luizguimaraes wrote:

Hi guys

Tks

Luiz

are the 53 AP in the same Cluster or not, it is true that there are no softwere limit to that , but 53 in the same cluster is too much

Yes, the 53 IAP are in the same cluster.

As you said, when I have the information there are no software limit to the cluster I did it with 53 IAP. The number of IAP will increase in a few days.

Do you think this is the problem ?

Before the IAP coming to the other operational mode, I see the channel 2.4Ghz utilization increasing to higher than 50 or 60% in several IAPs in the different floor of the building.

Cheers!

Luiz

• 9.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Mar 02, 2015 11:18 AM

Hi,

it may be , but it is more a best practice.

the best is to open a TAC case

Regards

• 10.  RE: IAP-115 changing the operation mode without human intervention

Posted Mar 06, 2015 03:17 PM

Hi guys

I did it.

They asked me to upgrade to the last version 6.4.2.3-4.1.12 and I did.

After the upgrade, today was the first day that the problem has happened. I don't know what could be.

I've seen another community thread(http://community.arubanetworks.com/t5/Aruba-Instant-Cloud-Wi-Fi/iAP-104s-and-Firmware-6-4-2-3-4-1-1-2-48114-causes-complete-WiFi/m-p/229095) that says that the IAPs has stopped of work and just came back after a hard reboot. At my problem, the IAPs come to the Access mode after I reboot the VC.

Tks

Luiz