Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-135 no SSID and login credentials not recognized

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP-135 no SSID and login credentials not recognized

Posted Jan 05, 2017 10:06 AM

Last night, I noticed a desktop and my iPhone had both dropped their WiFi connection, and when trying to re-establish, I noticed my IAP-135 SSID was not showing up (neither main nor guest).  Checked the AP and found the LEDs appeared normal, with the exception that the 11A/N LED was steady amber instead of green (indicating the 5GHz radio is in WLAN mode instead of 11n mode).  I power cycled it a couple times, and the boot sequence seemed normal, but still no SSID.  Neither 2.4Ghz or 5GHz devices could see it.  I connected through a wired PC and got the normal login screen, so there is communications. but when I entered my credentials, they were not recognized.  Does this seem like a hardware failure, or just possibly a corrupt config that a factory reset and reconfig might resolve?  Just in case it's related to a flaky power injector, I have a new one on the way.  I wouldn't think a damaged ethernet cable would cause issues like this, but I'll also be testing with a known good cable later today as well. Also, just to make sure it wasn't temperature related, I left it powered off overnight.  Being out of warranty (and out of production), does anybody know what the repair cost on these is, or maybe just pick up a used one for $100 would be a better solution.

• 2.  RE: IAP-135 no SSID and login credentials not recognized

Posted Jan 09, 2017 05:39 AM
    Hi,

I'd recommend resetting it before you look into buying a replacement.

Did changing the injector make any difference?

• 3.  RE: IAP-135 no SSID and login credentials not recognized

Posted Jan 09, 2017 09:47 AM
    Sorry - I forgot to update this post. That's exactly what it turned out to be - corrupted configuration. Performed factory reset, and restored my saved configuration and was back in service.

Sent from my iPhone

• 4.  RE: IAP-135 no SSID and login credentials not recognized

Posted Jan 09, 2017 09:47 AM
    Sorry - I forgot to update this post. That's exactly what it turned out to be - corrupted configuration. Performed factory reset, and restored my saved configuration and was back in service.

Sent from my iPhone