Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP-135 no SSID and login credentials not recognized

Last night, I noticed a desktop and my iPhone had both dropped their WiFi connection, and when trying to re-establish, I noticed my IAP-135 SSID was not showing up (neither main nor guest).  Checked the AP and found the LEDs appeared normal, with the exception that the 11A/N LED was steady amber instead of green (indicating the 5GHz radio is in WLAN mode instead of 11n mode).  I power cycled it a couple times, and the boot sequence seemed normal, but still no SSID.  Neither 2.4Ghz or 5GHz devices could see it.  I connected through a wired PC and got the normal login screen, so there is communications. but when I entered my credentials, they were not recognized.  Does this seem like a hardware failure, or just possibly a corrupt config that a factory reset and reconfig might resolve?  Just in case it's related to a flaky power injector, I have a new one on the way.  I wouldn't think a damaged ethernet cable would cause issues like this, but I'll also be testing with a known good cable later today as well. Also, just to make sure it wasn't temperature related, I left it powered off overnight.  Being out of warranty (and out of production), does anybody know what the repair cost on these is, or maybe just pick up a used one for $100 would be a better solution.

Re: IAP-135 no SSID and login credentials not recognized

Hi,

I'd recommend resetting it before you look into buying a replacement.

Did changing the injector make any difference?

Cheers
James

-------------------------------------------------------
-------------------@whereisjrw-------------------
------------------------blog-------------------------
ACCX #540 | ACMX #353 | ACDX #216 | AMFX #11
---------------------
-------------------------------------------------------

If a reply adequately addresses your issue, please click on the "Accept as Solution" and "Give Kudos" button so this information can benefit other users via search.
Occasional Contributor I

Sorry - I forgot to update this post. That's exactly what it turned out to be - corrupted configuration. Performed factory reset, and restored my saved configuration and was back in service.

Sent from my iPhone
Occasional Contributor I

Sorry - I forgot to update this post. That's exactly what it turned out to be - corrupted configuration. Performed factory reset, and restored my saved configuration and was back in service.

Sent from my iPhone
Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: