Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 23 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 205 - Out of Memory Crash

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 205 - Out of Memory Crash

Posted May 14, 2016 03:12 AM
      |   view attached

Hi

I think there's a bug/Memory leak problem in the current IAP Operating system as I'm experiencing frequent crashes/reboots of my 205 IAP. I have a single IAP 205 operating as VC in my house, and I have about 10 - 12 Wireless Clients connected at peak periods. The IAP crashes/reboots every once in a while. Sometimes it's maybe once every couple of days, others it takes a week or even more.

I'm running the current stabel release: 6.4.2.6-4.1.1.11_52666

I know it's an out of memory crash since that's the reason given in AP System Status command:

Reboot Information
    ------------------
    Reboot caused by out of memory
    ------------------------------

Attached is the output of the AP Crash Info command.  I have been monitoring free memory in the GUI and that seems to hover around 30Mb at all times, so it probably happens quickly when it does happen.

I have now tried to disable APPRF Visibility to see if that is the culprit, but it'll be at least a week before I can say something fairly difinitive. 

Is there any known bugs I might be experiencing?

I'll report back within a week or two when I know if the APPRF is to blame.

Attachment(s)

txt
    AP Crash Info.txt   32 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: IAP 205 - Out of Memory Crash

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 14, 2016 03:39 AM
    Please open a tax case. You shouldn't have to "troubleshoot" a big. Send an email to support@arubanetworks.com or PM me an I will put you in touch with them.

• 3.  RE: IAP 205 - Out of Memory Crash

Posted May 14, 2016 03:54 AM

Hi.

I do not have a support contract on this homedevice, so I don't think I can open a supportcase.

It's a fairly new AP so maybe there's another way I can get support for this issue? I don't know how your product support works. 

• 4.  RE: IAP 205 - Out of Memory Crash

Posted May 16, 2016 05:47 AM

It is known bug of memory leak by APPRF. I got another sutuation when used it. After less than week free memory on AP get less than 7mb, clients cant send/receive traffic. If memory somehow free > 7mb - everything working fine. 

After I discover this, I turn off APPRF and problem gone away.

You can check memory allocation to process by command:

# show process