Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 205 clients cannot associate and cannot ping to APs

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 205 clients cannot associate and cannot ping to APs

Posted Apr 24, 2015 12:02 AM

Hi 
    i have IAPs around 136 APs and separated them to 7 of clusters, each clusters numbers of APs 10-32 AP/Cluster and i have monitoring system like ping to an APs if it response back then displaying "Up" if no then "Down"

My issues is

- i perceive from my monitoring some AP is Down but still showing in Virtual controller (i need to know obviously is it still being ,so i had shutdown POE then AP is gone that's mean VC can see but cannot ping to that AP and clients is also cannot associate)

what an AP is cannot ping ,clients will cannot associate to that AP. (Cannot ping but in VC is showing still there in cluster)

IAPs is running in version 6.4.2.3-4.1.1.3

• 2.  RE: IAP 205 clients cannot associate and cannot ping to APs

Posted Apr 24, 2015 01:16 AM

HI,

Instant AP cluster do not work on IP address, it works on L2. Master beacon will be sent over L2 hence as long as VC able to get the beacon from the members it will consider they are up.

Hope you some clarity on this. please feel free if any further help required on this.

• 3.  RE: IAP 205 clients cannot associate and cannot ping to APs

Posted Apr 24, 2015 02:05 AM
    ap had ip itself
    why when i had reboot an APs by disable/enable POE when ap is came back it's can be ping. then for awhile 4-7 hours it cannot ping and random to be like this,and what AP cannot ping client will cannot associate. so what can i track the problem why clients cannot associated

• 4.  RE: IAP 205 clients cannot associate and cannot ping to APs

Posted Apr 24, 2015 05:23 AM

Hi,

I advise you to open a TAC ticket for this. we need  to go through some outputs when clients are connected otherwise we can not understand what is happening in the network.

please feel free for any further help on this.