Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-205, slow download, fast upload

This thread has been viewed 2 times
  • 1.  IAP-205, slow download, fast upload

Posted Aug 27, 2018 03:34 AM

Hi,

I've been browsing through a bunch of threads regarding speed, read VRDs and troubleshooting like crazy, but I just can't get high download speeds from my AP. I average around 50 Mbps download, but 250 Mbps upload. AP is connected to a 1 Gbit network and connecting a wired device gives around ~800 Mbps both ways.

None of the settings i find that are mentioned in posts here make a difference. Broadcast filtering on/off, setting power level, etc etc. It's always the same performance.

Is there any place i should start looking it to get to the bottom of this?

I ran an iperf3 to one of the wireless clients and got 20Mbps from the AP. Might have had bad speed-test settings, I don't know exactly how this works.

Thankful for any pointers here!

• 2.  RE: IAP-205, slow download, fast upload

Posted Aug 29, 2018 11:37 AM

Created a new SSID without changing anything, connected one device there, and boom.. up toward 300Mbps download and upload

I guess there is a device on the other SSID that limits the performance? How can I identify such a device?

• 3.  RE: IAP-205, slow download, fast upload

Posted Oct 02, 2020 12:39 PM

i'm getting sub speeds on my iap205/207 devices, and my environment is similar to yours in that the wired speeds are at full service capacity, but wifi speed on iap doesn't match wifi router speed if i were to connect direct to wifi router.

was your only solution to create a new ssid?  i have 6 ssid's.. did you ever have speed problems after this?

• 4.  RE: IAP-205, slow download, fast upload

MVP GURU
    Posted Oct 02, 2020 12:46 PM

I recommend a max of 3 SSIDs, as the more you add the more airtime gets carved out for each Virtual AP (BSSID). Have you tested with only 1 SSID?

• 5.  RE: IAP-205, slow download, fast upload

Posted Oct 02, 2020 12:49 PM

3 are on schedules that turn on only on weekends, and the other 3 are on... client load is no more than 5 devices at a time at most, but when testing, it's just one client on the ssid w/no rules nor restrictions.