Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP-205 system update didn't get all AP's and whole thing is broken now.

I have a site with 18 IAP-205's. I went to the virtual controller maintenance and did a firmware upgrade.

After about 30 minutes, everything said it finished ok and asked to reboot.

After the reboot, none of AP's were connected in the VC.

Individually though, they were still working. After hours of working with this, I found that some of the AP's upgraded to the new firmware and some didn't. Then several of them were constantly fighting to be the master VC.

I logged into my HPE account and was not able to download the same firmware version the system tried upgrading to. The auto-update used version ArubaInstant_Taurus_6.5.3.2_60886

At HP, the latest I can download is ArubaInstant_Taurus_6.5.2.0_59123.

I was hoping to only update the one's that didn't get the new version through cli, but I can't get the new software.

Will I be able to upgrade/downgrade all the AP's to the same version from cli and get my VC back? Most of them are 30 feet off the ground.

If I power one up to upgrade, the two AP's constantly fight for being master VC and that IP keeps changing between them.

Any help?

Thanks,

Chuck

Occasional Contributor II

Re: IAP-205 system update didn't get all AP's and whole thing is broken now.

Are you looking under the right software release? Standard or conventional?
Cheers, Frank
Aruba Partner Ambassador| AMFX#22| ACCX#613| ACMX#733| ACDX#744
Occasional Contributor I

I don't seem to have that option. When I go to download software and select the product, JW213A, I only have a single list of software.

Attached is screenshot.

Occasional Contributor I

I managed to get all the AP's running again, but I had to use the reset button to get them to rejoin the VC.

I am still looking for a way to download the current version that the VC is using to update the AP's to. 6.5.3 so I can manually transfer it if necessary. 

Using Google, this was the only other site I could find to download the software. http://support.arubanetworks.com/LifetimeWarrantySoftware/tabid/121/DMXModule/661/EntryId/25165/Default.aspx

It does not have the version 6.5.3 either.

Chuck

MVP

I use the Download page herehttp://support.arubanetworks.com/default.aspx

what I see agrees, there is no 6.5.3.2

iAP-code-downlods.png

I never use the auto options (we don't let the infrastructure access the Internet) and alway pull the code myself and the upload to the iAP.

You could pick one of these and re-upgrade the cluster.

If you have the trouble again, rather than the reset button (and assuming you have PoE switchports) shut the power to all APs which fail the upgrade, wait for the good ones to stabilize and then power the unhappy ones up. They should detect the existing cluster and join, then notice the firmware version and request a copy from the VC.

Good luck.

--Matthew

if I've helped, please give kudos
if I've provided a solution, please mark the solution so others can find it
Occasional Contributor I

I did notice that once more AP's came into the VC, some of the others I hadn't reset followed suit. Not all of them, but some of them.

Also, I don't see anything beyond 6.5.2.0 in that link you sent. I am logged in too, but it shows the same even when I'm logged out.

How do I get access to the newer software like you have?

Chuck

CropperCapture[117].png

MVP

Just logged in and I see the following - don't know why we have different offers (found your 6.5.3.2 in Conservative):

iAP-code-conservative.png

--Matthew

Guru Elite

msabin wrote:

Just logged in and I see the following - don't know why we have different offers (found your 6.5.3.2 in Conservative):

iAP-code-conservative.png

That is because you are clicking on the lifetime warranty software link.  If you have a support contract, you get access to more up to date software under Downloads.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

MVP

makes sense.

--Matthew

New Contributor

sorry, wrong post - delete

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: