Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 15 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-215 Reboots every 4mins. It's setup to Broadcast SSID but with Uplink Turned off

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-215 Reboots every 4mins. It's setup to Broadcast SSID but with Uplink Turned off

Posted Apr 04, 2016 07:33 PM

Hi All,

I've gone through and Setup the IAP-215 to be able to broadcast 2.4 and 5 as seperate SSIDs with uplink check turned off so it will broadcast even when there is no uplink detected.  This is so we can do site surveys

What I've foujnd is that when it's plugged into a POE Injector it will start up and take around 4mins to bootup and have both SSIDs broadcasting.

However after 4mins of being on and broadcasting so that's a total of 8mins it will just reboot for no reason.

When it's plugged into a Switch (Netgear GS110TP) it detects the Uplink it will stay on and not reboot.

I also noticed it will check 10 times for an Uplink before it proceeds with the bootup process.  Is there a way to make it skip the Uplink Check even when it's configured to not check for Uplink?

I've attached the logs and the config from the IAP-215.

Thank-you in advance Airheads!

Attachment(s)

txt
    instant-config.txt   3 KB 1 version
    txt
    IAP-215-LOGS.txt   9 KB 1 version

• 2.  RE: IAP-215 Reboots every 4mins. It's setup to Broadcast SSID but with Uplink Turned off
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Apr 04, 2016 08:49 PM

Did you convert it to a standalone AP?

• 3.  RE: IAP-215 Reboots every 4mins. It's setup to Broadcast SSID but with Uplink Turned off

Posted Apr 04, 2016 09:35 PM

Thanks for that Colin.  I checked again and it wasn't setup as a Stand Alone AP.. Which I thought I did.

It's now on and not rebooting when powered by a POE Injector.

• 4.  RE: IAP-215 Reboots every 4mins. It's setup to Broadcast SSID but with Uplink Turned off

MVP
    Posted Apr 07, 2016 07:59 AM

EDIT: sorry misread your post so feelf ree to ignore mine.

Are you SURE it's configured as a standalone AP?

This is an actual conversion you have to do, whcih confused me at first too. Just picking up a default IAP and leaving it in the default mode running alone is not enough and exhibits the exact issue you are discribing.

Please go to Maintenance > Convert and select Standalone AP and click convert.