Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 21 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 215 Recommended devices limit

This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 215 Recommended devices limit

Posted Aug 15, 2016 03:46 PM

Hello i was wondering what would be the recommended limit of  connected devices on the IAP 215 when using lync voice calls and video calls.

Cheers

Carlos

• 2.  RE: IAP 215 Recommended devices limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2016 06:13 PM

That depends on the type of traffic, not necessarily the connected users.  The recommended limit of simultaneous users on a Lync Call is 20/access point.  http://www.arubanetworks.com/pdf/technology/whitepapers/WP_LyncDeployment.pdf

• 3.  RE: IAP 215 Recommended devices limit

Posted Aug 15, 2016 06:36 PM
    Hello Collin
    I just read the docimentation. It is nased on what ap model???
    I mean is not the same doing this on an iap 103 than the iap 225 for example.

The other queation. It says it is not recommended mire than 60 devices per ap, and also no more than 20 calls at once

Those 20 devices refer to 20 pf those 60 devices or on the ap we only can have 20 devices doing lync calls, ans its not recommended to have like 15 more devices having web traffic only.
    For example 15 devices doing web browsing and 20 devicea doing lync call

Cheers
    Carlos

• 4.  RE: IAP 215 Recommended devices limit

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Aug 15, 2016 06:54 PM

20 devices doing lync calls is the limit for ANY AP model.  It is not broken down by traffic type for the remaining non-Lync clients.

• 5.  RE: IAP 215 Recommended devices limit

Posted Aug 15, 2016 07:24 PM

Sorry Collin

I didnt undesrtand this last part

"It is not broken down by traffic type for the remaining non-Lync clients.

Could you rephrase that? 

I do undertand that 20 lync call is the limit on any model

But if i got an AP 225 for example

Got 50 devices connected

20 doing lync calls  and the other doing somomething else... that wont work fine?

It just that i need to be really clear with this becasue we have a client that use lync instead of normal ipphones. 

• 6.  RE: IAP 215 Recommended devices limit

Posted Aug 17, 2016 09:33 AM

anyone?