Controllerless Networks

Contributor I

IAP 215 - Slow Download, Fast Upload speed

I am having an issue with (2) IAP clusters where the wireless download speeds are no 1/3 of wired speed but upload speeds are very close to wired speed.  At other locations with the same equipment we are getting much better download performance and just not sure where to start checking in the configs of the switches (Cisco) and/or IAP's.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Guru Elite

Re: IAP 215 - Slow Download, Fast Upload speed

Try turning the power down on the AP a little and see if there is a difference.

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

Thanks for your reply.  Attached are what my current power settings are.  What level would you suggest going to?

Guru Elite

I would try making the max 18 on both bands.  It says it is transmitting at 22/23 right now.  Asymetric speeds can be traced back to asymetric power.

Colin Joseph

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Contributor I

I backed down the power and the issue still exists.  I am getting high 80's to 90 mbps upload from a client but 20-30 mbps download.

Guru Elite

What band is your client connecting on?  What type of client is it?  What are you using for a speedtest?

Your last screenshot had both of your APs on channel 100E.

Do you have "Broadcast filter all" enabled on your SSID?

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

Adaptive Radio Management is set so I'm not quite sure why it has selected the same channel in a smaller building like it has.  I have broadcast filtering off for that SSID (see attached).  I am using a phone that gets good speeds everywhere on 5 GHz.  Same results on laptops and such in this building.

Contributor I

Here's another wierd thing.  The 2.4 GHz now has 2 radios on the same channel (see attached)

Guru Elite

aruba@qsd.wednet.edu wrote:

Here's another wierd thing.  The 2.4 GHz now has 2 radios on the same channel (see attached)

Not wierd.  Your AP had 1/6/11 before, but channel 6 might have more interference than putting the other AP on channel 11.

You should have broadcast filter ALL or ARP enabled for the best performance.  

APs come up in channel 100 at first, so it is possible that because you have client aware checked, it did not change channels while clients are connected.

It is also entirely possible that your client is too close to the AP, so that itself could cause distortion and reduced performance.  Make sure the client being tested is at least 3 meters away.

- Uncheck Client Aware

- Change Broadcast Filtering to ALL or ARP.

- Retest

Colin Joseph

Contributor I

I have set Broadcast Filtering to All, disabled Client Aware and nothing changed.  Rebooted AP02 and it is still on the same channels that the other AP's are on.  See attached.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: