Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 20 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 215 make Port 60,000 unrestricted?

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 215 make Port 60,000 unrestricted?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 04:49 PM

Hello, I am an IT Technician for Schlossmannauto Group and we need to get the MVCIs to work over our wireless Aruba network. The SSID that the MVCI and Laptop are using is SAGPrivate and they are both connected and can ping each other. The MVCI Wireless Management console is not detecting the MVCI though. After contacting the proper support group they told us to make sure that port 60000 is unrestricted on our network.

Here is what I have for the Access Rules for the SAGPrivate Role
    Allow any to all destinations
    Allow TCP on port 60000 to all destinations
    Allow UDP on port 60000 to all destinations

Here is what we have for Inbound Firewall Rules
    Allow TCP on port 60000 from all sources to all destinations
    Allow UDP on port 60000 from all sources to all destinations

I have not rebooted any of the Access points because I wasn't sure if I needed to for these changes to take effect.

Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: IAP 215 make Port 60,000 unrestricted?

Posted Mar 02, 2016 06:52 PM
    What happens if you have any any any permit rule ?

And then run the show datapath session table and filter by IP address from the support tab and see what's getting blocked

• 3.  RE: IAP 215 make Port 60,000 unrestricted?

Posted Mar 03, 2016 10:08 AM

When I try to ping the MVCI the only infromation that shows up when I use the show datapath session table for port 60000 is from the laptop (10.249.122.73) to the broadcasting address (10.249.122.255) and then from the broadcasting address back to the laptop.  It seems to be using UDP 60000

When I setup a Hotspot on my cell phone and connect the Laptop and the MVCI to it I am able to get connected to the MVCI using the MVCI Wireless Connection Manager with no issues.