Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 225 DHCP Issue

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 225 DHCP Issue

Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:30 AM

Hello,

We have 2 IAP 225's for our office - the first one was setup with no issue and has been working fine.  When we power on the second IAP to be joined as active/active slave any clients that connect to this 2nd IAP do not get DHCP addresses.

The 2nd IAP shows up in the virtual controller and the master/slave election process appears to work correctly - wireless clients will show up but with 169.x.x.x APIPA addresses and have no network connectivity.  We want the IAP's to be active/active failover so they are both wired into the same vlan - if the 2nd IAP is not wired then everything works but this would not be active/active since the 2nd IAP would not have any wired connection to the rest of the network in case of failure on the 1st IAP.

IAP virtual controller is handling DHCP, there are 3 networks each with their own vlan.  IAP's are currently on version 6.5.2.0 - I have tested this with a 3rd IAP that we have and exactly the same thing happens which makes me think this must be a configuration error somewhere in how we have these setup.

Any help is appreciated.  Thanks 

• 2.  RE: IAP 225 DHCP Issue

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:46 AM

Is the slave IAP switchport configured as a trunk port?

• 3.  RE: IAP 225 DHCP Issue

Posted Jul 18, 2017 10:53 AM

Hi Michael,

The switch port is not set as trunk because we are not using vlan tagging on the network (vlans are just for network separation).

• 4.  RE: IAP 225 DHCP Issue
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jul 18, 2017 12:00 PM
    All Network-Assigned SSIDs require each AP to have the vlan trunked to that AP.

• 5.  RE: IAP 225 DHCP Issue

Posted Jul 19, 2017 02:36 PM

Thanks! That worked - I set trunking on both ports on the switch that the IAP's are connected to and added the vlan id's from the SSID networks we had created in the virtual controller.