Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP 225 Max

Posted Jan 20, 2015 08:24 AM
    What is the max number of APs I can have in an instant 225 cluster? I am brainstorming for two sites, one that would have 121 APs, another that will have 230 APs. I am not sure if a controller would be better suited for that many APs.
    #AP225

• 2.  RE: IAP 225 Max
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 20, 2015 08:44 AM
    the recommend amount is 128 , I deployed a cluster 157 with no issues .

You may need to consider splitting the 230 cluster and use L3 mobility between the 2

• 3.  RE: IAP 225 Max

Posted Jan 20, 2015 08:59 AM

Hi friend,

it looks like a big deployment, to handle these many APs , controller base deployment is recommended.

Please feel free for any further query on this.

• 4.  RE: IAP 225 Max

Posted Jan 20, 2015 09:11 AM

Thanks everyone!

• 5.  RE: IAP 225 Max

Posted Jan 20, 2015 09:48 AM

Regarding the controller, I am used to the IAP architecture, but for a controller. if the controller goes down, are the APs down as well?

• 6.  RE: IAP 225 Max

Posted Jan 20, 2015 10:24 AM

Hi,

Yes , if the controller where APs are terminated, is down all APs terminated on that controller will go down, but there is a mechanism to avoid it,

We can deploy Master-Local, where APs will terminate on Local ( LMS) . we can configure APs such that, if Local is down all APs will go and terminate on the master ( Backup LMS).

We have other deployment models such as, Master-Standby, HA group etc.. to handle single point failure.

Hope got some idea,

Please feel free for any further query on this.

• 7.  RE: IAP 225 Max

Posted Jan 20, 2015 10:44 AM

Great! Thank you for the reply, it helps.