Controllerless Networks

New Contributor

IAP-275 with OS 4.2 , Solid red Led and showing highest noise on RF dashboard

IAP-275 with OS 4.2 , showing Solid red Led  and showing highest noise on RF dashboard

CCNA,CCNP,ACMA,ACMP,AWMP,CWNA
Aruba Employee

Re: IAP-275 with OS 4.2 , Solid red Led and showing highest noise on RF dashboard

Hi, There is no 4.2 version out yet. Is it 4.1 ?
Thank you,

Regards,

Vijay Rajasimhan | Principal Network Engineer
Customer Advocacy | Aruba Networks

Did something you read in the Community solve a problem for you? If so, click "Accept as Solution" in the bottom right hand corner of the post.
Occasional Contributor II

Re: IAP-275 with OS 4.2 , Solid red Led and showing highest noise on RF dashboard

Hi

I am having the same probelm. Did you managed to find a fix. I am running 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1

Occasional Contributor I

Same issue here. I am planning to get up tp the roof at some point to have a look at it, but for now it would be good to hear from anybody else who had the same issue.

Found out it was my POE injector. It wasnt supplying enough power. I restarted it while connected to the console port. Once it had finished booting it bought up an alert log saying somethings along the lines of radio's disabled due to not enough power.

Occasional Contributor I

Ah ok interesting. We are using POE switches to power it, but its a possibility that there is a switch or cabling problem.

Interestingly though, the issue only occured after upgrading to 6.4.2.0-4.1.1.1. Was this the same with you?

Thanks.

Ahh I see, that is strange, I ended up testing it on a POE switch and it worked fine, that is what lead me to changing the POE injector. The best thing I would say is to console into the AP and reboot it, then see if it logs any errors.

Aruba Employee

What model switch are you using?  Do you have LLDP enabled? 

Occasional Contributor I

Hi we are using a Cisco SF200-24P POE switch, with LLDP enabled.

Thanks.

Occasional Contributor I

[ Edited ]

I have more to dd to this issue if this can help at all.

When I try view the logs from the CLI on the problem AP I see the following:

AP11 - 24:xx:xx:xx:xx:6a# show log wireless
Module SAPM Client is busy. Please try later.
AP11 - 24:xx:xx:xx:xx:6a#

A working access point gives me the logs:

AP10 - 24:xx:xx:xx:xx:09# show log wireless

Dec 11 19:33:53 sapd[1538]: <404099> <WARN> |AP AP10 - ................

I upgraded the firmware on the switches they are connected to last night, causing all APs to loose power. But when they came back up the issue persisted.

Thanks.

Search Airheads
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: