Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-305 fails to join cluster after reboot

This thread has been viewed 3 times
  • 1.  IAP-305 fails to join cluster after reboot

Posted Sep 07, 2018 11:06 AM

Hi there, I have an existing IAP-305 cluster of 12 APs.  All APs are running firmware 8.3.0.2-8.3.0.2_66308 and are managed by Airwave.  Recently 3 of them went offline and I don't know why.  I went onsite to troubleshoot with the console cable and they were all sitting at the apboot> prompt.  A reboot of the AP causes it to boot to apboot> and go no further.  I did a factory reset on the 3 APs and they all re-joined the cluster, but if I reboot any of the 3 APs, they boot back to the apboot> prompt and go no further.  The remaining 9 APs in the cluster can be rebooted and come up fine. 

I must say that I'm at a bit of a loss troubleshooting this issue so I came here for help.  Any guidance someone could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

Chris

• 2.  RE: IAP-305 fails to join cluster after reboot
    Best Answer

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Sep 07, 2018 01:24 PM

This sounds like an issue for TAC, as a hardware RMA may be needed.

• 3.  RE: IAP-305 fails to join cluster after reboot

Posted Sep 10, 2018 09:37 AM

Thank you Charlie, I will follow up with TAC.

• 4.  RE: IAP-305 fails to join cluster after reboot

Posted Nov 02, 2018 10:30 AM

Hi there, I just wanted to post back to say that this was resolved by TAC.  All problematic IAP-305s were replaced via RMA.