Controllerless Networks

last person joined: yesterday 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all
This thread has been viewed 1 times
  • 1.  IAP-315-US

Posted May 31, 2018 05:16 PM

Hello everyone,

We just got 5 IAP315, the problem we are having is that after plugging in all of the ap's, only 3 work. The other 2 are on a reboot loop because they cannot get an ip. we use to have IAP-93-US and the same thing happened that's why we upgraded to the 315. I have tried moving them to different switches, but no luck. Any pointers?

Thanks!

• 2.  RE: IAP-315-US

EMPLOYEE
    Posted May 31, 2018 05:22 PM

Try booting it up on a VLAN by itself.  Have you tried a reset?

Make sure they are IAP-315-US on the sticker.

• 3.  RE: IAP-315-US

Posted May 31, 2018 05:52 PM
    I called Aruba support, after looking at logs they said is because the ap cannot contact the gateway, he said to check the cabling and ports. I change the Ethernet cord and connected it to different ports but no results yet, maybe a faulty switch?

• 4.  RE: IAP-315-US

MVP EXPERT
    Posted Jun 01, 2018 02:34 AM

What is the configuration on the switch port? Is there anything in the switch logs such as the AP's drawing too much power? Might be worth attaching a console cable to one of the AP's and seeing if you can catch any output just before the AP reboots.

• 5.  RE: IAP-315-US

Posted Jun 04, 2018 10:43 AM
    Only output is gateway unreachable on the ap, I plugged in a laptop on the same port and no problems. I plugged in another wap from a different company no errors( took out all Aruba was before doing so :) ).

• 6.  RE: IAP-315-US

Posted Jun 04, 2018 10:43 AM
    Only output is gateway unreachable on the ap, I plugged in a laptop on the same port and no problems. I plugged in another wap from a different company no errors( took out all Aruba was before doing so :) ).

• 7.  RE: IAP-315-US
    Best Answer

Posted Jun 04, 2018 02:49 PM

Hello all,

After investigating with TAC, we cleared the configuration on the AP that had the issue, connect it back and it worked. I was reseting them manually before, dont know if that makes much difference. But it is solved now.