Controllerless Networks

Occasional Contributor I

IAP-315-US

Hello everyone,

We just got 5 IAP315, the problem we are having is that after plugging in all of the ap's, only 3 work. The other 2 are on a reboot loop because they cannot get an ip. we use to have IAP-93-US and the same thing happened that's why we upgraded to the 315. I have tried moving them to different switches, but no luck. Any pointers?

Thanks!

Guru Elite

Re: IAP-315-US

Try booting it up on a VLAN by itself.  Have you tried a reset?

Make sure they are IAP-315-US on the sticker.

Answers and views expressed by me on this forum are my own and not necessarily the position of Aruba Networks or Hewlett Packard Enterprise.
Occasional Contributor I

I called Aruba support, after looking at logs they said is because the ap cannot contact the gateway, he said to check the cabling and ports. I change the Ethernet cord and connected it to different ports but no results yet, maybe a faulty switch?

What is the configuration on the switch port? Is there anything in the switch logs such as the AP's drawing too much power? Might be worth attaching a console cable to one of the AP's and seeing if you can catch any output just before the AP reboots.

ACMA, ACMP, ACSA
If my post addresses your query, give kudos:)
Occasional Contributor I

Only output is gateway unreachable on the ap, I plugged in a laptop on the same port and no problems. I plugged in another wap from a different company no errors( took out all Aruba was before doing so :) ).
Occasional Contributor I

Only output is gateway unreachable on the ap, I plugged in a laptop on the same port and no problems. I plugged in another wap from a different company no errors( took out all Aruba was before doing so :) ).
Occasional Contributor I

Hello all,

After investigating with TAC, we cleared the configuration on the AP that had the issue, connect it back and it worked. I was reseting them manually before, dont know if that makes much difference. But it is solved now. 

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: