Controllerless Networks

IAP 315 shows amber light on PWR led when connected to PD-3501G PoE Injector

My client installed 13 units of IAP 315 & 3 units IAP 215 managed by a single virtual controller.

Out of 13 units, about 8 units are powered by PD-3501G PoE injector & the rest powered by HPE 1920 PoE+ switches.

Those IAP 315 powered up by PD-3501G will show amber light on it s PWR led. When this happen, the wirless will be weak.

Any advise? IAP 315 is running on v6.5 firmware. Could this be due to intelligent power management feature?

#AirheadsMobile
Frequent Contributor I

Re: IAP 315 shows amber light on PWR led when connected to PD-3501G PoE Injector

PD-3501G is 802.3af compliance, while AP 315 is able to work with 802.3af, but with limited features :

From datasheet :

• Power over Ethernet (PoE): 48 Vdc (nominal) 802.3af/802.3at compliant source - Unrestricted functionality with 802.3at PoE
  • When using IPM, the AP may enter power-save mode with reduced functionality when powered by an 802.3af PoE source (see details on Intelligent Power Monitoring elsewhere in this datasheet)
  • Without IPM, the USB port is disabled and transmit power of the 2.4 GHz radio chains is reduced by 3dB to 15dBm max when the AP is powered by and 802.3af PoE source

Best Regards

Yopianus Linga

Re: IAP 315 shows amber light on PWR led when connected to PD-3501G PoE Injector

How to disable the IPM?

#AirheadsMobile

The AP 315 is configured as instant access point running on virtual controller & I can't locate the IPM function within the virtual controller gui. I tried to disable the USB port but it doesn't help.

#AirheadsMobile

Without IPM, the USB port is disabled and transmit power of the 2.4 GHz radio chains is reduced by 3dB to 15dBm max when the AP is powered by and 802.3af PoE source Does this apply to IAP mode?

#AirheadsMobile
Guru Elite

I would collect the tech-support for an AP that has the problem and search for "Power Status".  It should tell you what the possible problem is.  "Operational State" is how the AP is operating right now:

Power Status
------------
Operational State POE-AT: No restrictions
----------------- -----------------------
Current HW State POE-AT: No restrictions
LLDP Negotiated POE Power 25.5W

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Sorry, can explain further? I am lost.

#AirheadsMobile
Guru Elite

Go to More> Support.  Select an AP with the problem and Run an AP tech support dump:  http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/Instant_423_WebHelp/InstantWebHelp.htm#UG_files/Log_servers_monitoring/ViewingLogs.htm?Highlight=tech support

When it returns the text file, search for "Power Status".  Paste that output into here..

Colin Joseph
Aruba Customer Engineering

Looking for an Answer? Search the Community Knowledge Base Here: Community Knowledge Base

Search Airheads
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: