Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 18 hours ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP-325 or dual eth IAPs wire speed

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP-325 or dual eth IAPs wire speed

Posted Nov 15, 2018 06:44 PM

Has anyone tested the wire speed on any of the dual ethernet IAPs with iperf3 server and client on each of the port (essentially making the IAP a switch/hub)?

I have an open ticket with an IAP-325 and was told that the throughput result of 3xxMbps is expected. I don't quite understand why the result is so low, when both ethernet ports are negotiated at 1G full duplex.

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  RE: IAP-325 or dual eth IAPs wire speed

Posted Nov 15, 2018 08:18 PM

I have not tested, but I imagine that this is because of packets being processed by CPU and passed between the two ports i.e. there isn't actually a 2-port ASIC in there like a switch would have.

• 3.  RE: IAP-325 or dual eth IAPs wire speed

Posted Nov 15, 2018 10:49 PM

Thanks.

Would that mean if the two ports where to LACP, as it is processed by a single CPU it will not achieve a higher throughput versus a single port?

• 4.  RE: IAP-325 or dual eth IAPs wire speed

Posted Nov 18, 2018 05:00 PM

Good question. Hopefully an Aruba staff member can respond.

• 5.  RE: IAP-325 or dual eth IAPs wire speed

Posted Nov 25, 2018 05:15 PM

Bumping this question to get attention of tech. Is it true that it is only a single CPU serving both ethernet ports? If so then what is the actual use of a LACP here?

Thanks.