Controllerless Networks

last person joined: 2 days ago 

Instant Mode - the controllerless Wi-Fi solution that's easy to set up, is loaded with security and smarts, and won't break your budget
Expand all | Collapse all

IAP 6.3 WPA2-Enterprise with Portal

This thread has been viewed 0 times
  • 1.  IAP 6.3 WPA2-Enterprise with Portal

Posted Jun 25, 2014 05:37 AM

Hi!

Since 6.2 it should be possible to add a captive portal after 802.1x auth, see http://www.arubanetworks.com/techdocs/InstantMobile/Advanced/Content/Chapter11%20Authentication/ConfAccessRuleCPl.htm

Doing this, the CP is displayed (with just terms & conditions "Accept" - which is, what we want), but the CP is displayed again and again. Sure, because i stay inside this Role which enforces Portal Page again and again.

Do i need to assign another role based on the new CP-"authentication"? But how to do this?

Something like 

set-role ???? contains accepted "rule-allow-all" 

Any suggestions?

Kind Regards

Folke

• 2.  RE: IAP 6.3 WPA2-Enterprise with Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 06:23 AM
    You would need a policy engine (like Clearpass) to be able to track whether the user has accepted the terms before.

• 3.  RE: IAP 6.3 WPA2-Enterprise with Portal

Posted Jun 25, 2014 06:30 AM

Hi Tim,

thanks for your very fast response.

But what's the sense that Instant supports internal splash screen as Role-Action ("Enforce Captive Portal") when it's not usable?

Is there a way to examine all values usable for role assignment?

Kind Regards from Munich

Folke 

• 4.  RE: IAP 6.3 WPA2-Enterprise with Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 08:07 AM

Maybe I misunderstood your question.

Are you saying the issue is that users are presented the captive portal every time they associate and you'd like them to only accept it once? 

-or-

Are you saying that the users remain in the captive portal redirect during their session and can't do anything else?

• 5.  RE: IAP 6.3 WPA2-Enterprise with Portal

Posted Jun 25, 2014 08:24 AM

Hi Tim,

yes, the users are remaining in the Captive Portal. 

My current goal is jus to reach a recurring captive portal as splash screen after every WLAN-Logon (with WPA2-Enterprise)...

That a permanently save of "License accepted" flags requires ClearPass  is clear for me.

Kind Regards

Folke

• 6.  RE: IAP 6.3 WPA2-Enterprise with Portal

EMPLOYEE
    Posted Jun 25, 2014 08:29 AM
    We'll have to wait and see what Marcus says. As far as I know, you cannot trigger a role change from a captive portal after an 802.1X authentication without a policy server that can do a RADIUS CoA.

The only time I've used a captive portal after an 802.1X authentication to dead-end a user and show them a "contact the help desk" style page.